Next Stop: St Louis, Missouri
As we begin our last week on the 2010 "Keep it Made in America" Town Hall Tour, we're stopping in St Louis, Missouri. Participants at the event include:
- Scott Paul, Executive Director, Alliance for American Manufacturing
- Rep. Russ Carnahan, (D-MO) 3rd congressional district
- Robyn Hamlin, 1st congressional district MO Republican candidate
- Arthur Lieber, 2nd congressional district MO Democrat candidate
- Don Robinson, SLCC
- Rev. Charles Burton, Attorney, St Louis School District and President, UCM (an affiliate of Gameliel)
- Dan SinCLair, Dave SinClair Automobiel
- Bob Farrar, President, Lunar Tool
- James Wiley, Attorney, Intellectual Property Rights
Like many states, Missouri has been hit hard from the recession and outsourcing of jobs. Here are a few statistics that outline the magnitude of job loss in the state:
- Between 2000 and 2008, Missouri lost 75,800 manufacturing jobs.
- Since the recession began in 2008, the state has lost over 13% of manufacturing jobs.
- Between 2001 and 2008, Missouri has lost 38,300 jobs due to trade with China alone, that's 1.38% of employment.
Be sure to RSVP for our St Louis event as well as our final events in Concord, NH and Wausau, WI.
Related recent Blogs
- President Obama visits Baltimore factory to promote infrastructure investment as a means of revitalizing the middle class • by LDonia • 05/17/2013
- It's Fashion Friday, but NoCargo carries more than just American-made clothing! • by LDonia • 05/17/2013
- May 17, 2013 Headlines: Strengthening our national security, focusing on jobs, and more. • by LRaup • 05/17/2013
- Five reasons you should be concerned about the U.S. military's reliance on foreign manufacturers. • by LDonia • 05/16/2013
- Looking for a manufacturing job? Consider heading to one of these ten metro areas! • by mmcmullan • 05/16/2013
- National Retail Federation dismisses global safety plan for garment factories while Cambodian shoe factory collapses. • by LDonia • 05/16/2013
- OPINION: Aren't we better off buying safe, Made-in-USA products? • by scapozzola • 05/16/2013
- May 16, 2013 Headlines: factory collapses in Cambodia, U.S. retail industry dismisses plan for safer working conditions, & more • by LDonia • 05/16/2013
- U.S. Senate Passes Water Resources Development Act (WRDA) with Buy America Amendment Included. • by scapozzola • 05/15/2013
- And the crystal ball says that U.S. manufacturing is going up/down/sideways... • by scapozzola • 05/15/2013