New York Fashion Week includes American-made garments
Earlier this week, the Alliance for American Manufacturing (AAM) live-tweeted Nanette Lepore’s show (featuring her New York City-made garments) during New York Fashion Week. Today we’d like to highlight a piece from Haute Americana that spotlights other designers who manufacture all, or most, of their pieces in New York.
In addition to Nanette Lepore, the list includes other well-known designers, like Michelle Obama's favorite, Jason Wu (who designed the First Lady’s inaugural dress), and Anna Sui.
Read more here.
Image from Jason Wu's website.
Related recent Blogs
- RADIO: AAM's Scott Paul on Leslie Marshall Radio Show, May 20, 2013 • by scapozzola • 05/21/2013
- May 21, 2013 Headlines: Tensions with North Korea, a stronger WTO, and more. • by LRaup • 05/21/2013
- Quote of the Day from Caterpillar's Doug Oberhelman • by LDonia • 05/20/2013
- May 20, 2013 Headlines: Manufacturing & social media, growth of the U.S. economy, and more. • by LRaup • 05/20/2013
- President Obama visits Baltimore factory to promote infrastructure investment as a means of revitalizing the middle class • by LDonia • 05/17/2013
- It's Fashion Friday, but NoCargo carries more than just American-made clothing! • by LDonia • 05/17/2013
- May 17, 2013 Headlines: Strengthening our national security, focusing on jobs, and more. • by LRaup • 05/17/2013
- Five reasons you should be concerned about the U.S. military's reliance on foreign manufacturers. • by LDonia • 05/16/2013
- Looking for a manufacturing job? Consider heading to one of these ten metro areas! • by mmcmullan • 05/16/2013
- National Retail Federation dismisses global safety plan for garment factories while Cambodian shoe factory collapses. • by LDonia • 05/16/2013