New York Fashion Week includes American-made garments
Earlier this week, the Alliance for American Manufacturing (AAM) live-tweeted Nanette Lepore’s show (featuring her New York City-made garments) during New York Fashion Week. Today we’d like to highlight a piece from Haute Americana that spotlights other designers who manufacture all, or most, of their pieces in New York.
In addition to Nanette Lepore, the list includes other well-known designers, like Michelle Obama's favorite, Jason Wu (who designed the First Lady’s inaugural dress), and Anna Sui.
Read more here.
Image from Jason Wu's website.
Related recent Blogs
- Indiana manufacturing program expands • by TGarland • 12/05/2013
- Scott Paul: Keep skilled jobs for skilled workers in Washington • by mmcmullan • 12/05/2013
- December 5, 2013: Another voice for a currency rule in the TPP • by mmcmullan • 12/05/2013
- Some Made in America gift ideas for the obnoxious teenager in your life • by LDonia • 12/04/2013
- Infrastructure investment means job creation • by TGarland • 12/04/2013
- December 4, 2013: Familiar trade deficit doldrums • by mmcmullan • 12/04/2013
- What to do with abandoned factories? Bring in the artists! • by LDonia • 12/03/2013
- Surprise, surprise? Americans still say job creation should be top priority • by mmcmullan • 12/03/2013
- December 3, 2013: One number shows a #MFG uptick. Does that mean more #MFG jobs? • by mmcmullan • 12/03/2013
- The Computer Wore Heels: Check out "Top Secret Rosies" • by mmcmullan • 12/02/2013