New York Fashion Week includes American-made garments
Earlier this week, the Alliance for American Manufacturing (AAM) live-tweeted Nanette Lepore’s show (featuring her New York City-made garments) during New York Fashion Week. Today we’d like to highlight a piece from Haute Americana that spotlights other designers who manufacture all, or most, of their pieces in New York.
In addition to Nanette Lepore, the list includes other well-known designers, like Michelle Obama's favorite, Jason Wu (who designed the First Lady’s inaugural dress), and Anna Sui.
Read more here.
Image from Jason Wu's website.
Related recent Blogs
- December 12, 2013: Uh, an economic boom? • by mmcmullan • 12/12/2013
- #ShopAmerica: Health and Beauty gift ideas • by LDonia • 12/11/2013
- 5 Keys to American-Made Holiday Shopping • by TGarland • 12/11/2013
- December 11, 2013: US Trade Rep has not discussed this "currency manipulation" everyone keeps talking about • by mmcmullan • 12/11/2013
- The Big Three set the stage for a manufacturing renaissance • by TGarland • 12/10/2013
- December 10, 2013: Welcome back, GM • by mmcmullan • 12/10/2013
- Pharmaceutical companies' interests are covered in the TPP -- as for everyone else? Ehh ... • by mmcmullan • 12/09/2013
- December 9, 2013: China reports biggest trade surplus in five years • by TGarland • 12/09/2013
- Kickstarting a manufacturing renaissance • by TGarland • 12/06/2013
- December 6, 2013: The #AAMeter, it moves (in the right direction)! • by mmcmullan • 12/06/2013