New York Fashion Week includes American-made garments
Earlier this week, the Alliance for American Manufacturing (AAM) live-tweeted Nanette Lepore’s show (featuring her New York City-made garments) during New York Fashion Week. Today we’d like to highlight a piece from Haute Americana that spotlights other designers who manufacture all, or most, of their pieces in New York.
In addition to Nanette Lepore, the list includes other well-known designers, like Michelle Obama's favorite, Jason Wu (who designed the First Lady’s inaugural dress), and Anna Sui.
Read more here.
Image from Jason Wu's website.
Related recent Blogs
- Gathered in the USA • by TGarland • 04/15/2014
- April 14, 2014: Opinions, opinions, and Peeps • by mmcmullan • 04/14/2014
- Fashion Friday: Accessorizing the American-made way • by LRaup • 04/11/2014
- Manufacturing Jobs & #EqualPay • by LRaup • 04/11/2014
- April 11, 2014: Cherry blossoms! • by mmcmullan • 04/11/2014
- Throwback Thursday: Obama promises 1 million new manufacturing jobs • by TGarland • 04/10/2014
- Made in Elma, New York: A special delivery from Mark Andol • by TGarland • 04/09/2014
- Rep. Tonko brings filmmakers to Washington to talk American manufacturing • by TGarland • 04/08/2014
- RADIO: Why is manufacturing important for job creation in Michigan (and the U.S.)? • by scapozzola • 04/07/2014
- Spring into warm weather with Made in USA Nail Polish • by LRaup • 04/04/2014