New York Fashion Week includes American-made garments
Earlier this week, the Alliance for American Manufacturing (AAM) live-tweeted Nanette Lepore’s show (featuring her New York City-made garments) during New York Fashion Week. Today we’d like to highlight a piece from Haute Americana that spotlights other designers who manufacture all, or most, of their pieces in New York.
In addition to Nanette Lepore, the list includes other well-known designers, like Michelle Obama's favorite, Jason Wu (who designed the First Lady’s inaugural dress), and Anna Sui.
Read more here.
Image from Jason Wu's website.
Related recent Blogs
- American Workers Remind Us What Labor Day Is All About • by TGarland • 08/26/2014
- ITC Finds South Korean Dumping of OCTG Pipe: Alliance for American Manufacturing (AAM) Statement. • by scapozzola • 08/22/2014
- U.S. Named Among “Rising Global Stars” in Manufacturing • by elizabethbb • 08/20/2014
- Yes, Manufacturing Jobs Are Coming Back. But Will Progress Happen Fast Enough? • by elizabethbb • 08/18/2014
- No Electricity Needed for Corter Leather & Cloth • by elizabethbb • 08/15/2014
- Five Tests Walmart Must Pass to Show its 'Made In America' Street Cred • by spaul • 08/13/2014
- More Evidence the "Jobs Recovery" Isn’t All It’s Cracked Up to Be • by elizabethbb • 08/12/2014
- More Work to Do, Indeed • by elizabethbb • 08/11/2014
- August 11, 2014: Chinese Textile Manufacturing ... in the Carolinas • by mmcmullan • 08/11/2014
- Maury’s clothing line: “Made in America, without compromise.” • by mmcmullan • 08/08/2014