New York City-made clothing barely visible among garments sold in the United States
If it's friday, then we at the Alliance for American Manufacturing (AAM) are celebrating Made in the USA Fashion. Today's manufacturing fact keeps in that theme.
But there's reason for optimism: Save the Garment Center was founded in 2007 to help keep and create garment manufacturing jobs in the Big Apple. Additionally, fahion designers like Nanette Lepore continue to vocally and publicly support American manufacturing.
Check out Save the Garment Center's website for more information, or to learn how to help keep clothing Made in the USA.
And don't forget to check out our other manufacturing facts!
Image by flickr user Mike Licht, used following Creative Commons guidelines.
Related recent Blogs
- #ShopAmerica: Health and Beauty gift ideas • by LDonia • 12/11/2013
- 5 Keys to American-Made Holiday Shopping • by TGarland • 12/11/2013
- December 11, 2013: US Trade Rep has not discussed this "currency manipulation" everyone keeps talking about • by mmcmullan • 12/11/2013
- The Big Three set the stage for a manufacturing renaissance • by TGarland • 12/10/2013
- December 10, 2013: Welcome back, GM • by mmcmullan • 12/10/2013
- Pharmaceutical companies' interests are covered in the TPP -- as for everyone else? Ehh ... • by mmcmullan • 12/09/2013
- December 9, 2013: China reports biggest trade surplus in five years • by TGarland • 12/09/2013
- Kickstarting a manufacturing renaissance • by TGarland • 12/06/2013
- December 6, 2013: The #AAMeter, it moves (in the right direction)! • by mmcmullan • 12/06/2013
- U.S. Manufacturing Gains 27,000 Jobs in November: Alliance for American Manufacturing (AAM) Statement. • by scapozzola • 12/06/2013