New York City-made clothing barely visible among garments sold in the United States
If it's friday, then we at the Alliance for American Manufacturing (AAM) are celebrating Made in the USA Fashion. Today's manufacturing fact keeps in that theme.
But there's reason for optimism: Save the Garment Center was founded in 2007 to help keep and create garment manufacturing jobs in the Big Apple. Additionally, fahion designers like Nanette Lepore continue to vocally and publicly support American manufacturing.
Check out Save the Garment Center's website for more information, or to learn how to help keep clothing Made in the USA.
And don't forget to check out our other manufacturing facts!
Image by flickr user Mike Licht, used following Creative Commons guidelines.
Related recent Blogs
- A Boy Scout badge in advanced manufacturing? • by TGarland • 03/10/2014
- March 10, 2014: Making moves for manufacturing • by mmcmullan • 03/10/2014
- Donald Trump addresses CPAC crowds on key AAM issues • by LRaup • 03/07/2014
- March 7, 2014: Weak #MFG job growth and a big trade deficit earn Obama the saddest of trombones • by mmcmullan • 03/07/2014
- It wasn't all weather: What's behind the weak manufacturing jobs report. • by admin • 03/07/2014
- A Berry good story on American-made footwear • by mmcmullan • 03/06/2014
- White House economic adviser Gene Sperling shares words of wisdom on his way out • by TGarland • 03/05/2014
- EPI: Address currency manipulation and you address the jobs deficit • by mmcmullan • 03/05/2014
- A first look at the president's budget proposal for 2015 • by mmcmullan • 03/04/2014
- Campaigns and political parties take note: We've got the key to attracting voters • by LDonia • 03/03/2014