New op-eds pose swing state challenge
Alliance for American Manufacturing (AAM) Executive Director Scott Paul has a challenge for President Obama and the Republican presidential contenders.
In a new series of op-eds appearing in key battleground states, Paul asked whether any of the candidates are prepared to investigate China's massive violations of trade law, which are putting 1.6 million U.S. auto parts jobs at risk.
From The Cleveland Plain Dealer, March 4:
Nearly 190,000 jobs in Ohio's auto-parts sector are at risk due to China's cheating.
From The Tennessean, March 5:
As president, they can initiate action on China’s auto-parts subsidies, open its market, and grow jobs in Tennessee. Nearly 80,000 Tennessee jobs depend on it.
From The Virginian Pilot, March 4:
Beijing has pumped $27 billion of subsidies into its auto parts sector, with an additional $10 billion planned.
From The Birmingham News, March 2:
We've seen our trade deficit in auto parts with China grow nearly 900 percent in just 10 years.
Are the candidates listening?
Related recent Blogs
- Nanette Lepore's New Shoe • by scapozzola • 05/24/2013
- May 24, 2013 Headlines: U.S.-EU trade deal exemptions, investing in U.S. manufacturing, and more. • by LRaup • 05/24/2013
- Washington State Bridge Collapse Illustrates Perils of Failing Infrastructure. • by scapozzola • 05/24/2013
- Reps. Daniel Lipinski (D-IL) and Michael Grimm (R-NY) form new Congressional Public Transportation Caucus. • by scapozzola • 05/23/2013
- Homeland Security and Gov. Tom Ridge • by scapozzola • 05/23/2013
- CNBC: Is a Chinese construction firm benefiting from its Beijing connection? • by scapozzola • 05/23/2013
- May 23, 2013 Headlines: Gains in the job market, small businesses manufacturing in the U.S.A., and more. • by LRaup • 05/23/2013
- VIDEO: Concerns about America's defense industrial base • by scapozzola • 05/22/2013
- CNBC: China investing in U.S. • by scapozzola • 05/22/2013
- In Indiana, ongoing concerns about subsidized auto parts from China and Japan • by scapozzola • 05/22/2013