"New Law Preserves Vital U.S. Countervailing Duty Laws Against China and Vietnam"
Today, President Obama signed H.R. 4105, authorizing the United States to continue to impose countervailing duties on subsidies from non-market economies.
The law was passed by both the House of Representatives and the Senate the prior week (in the House by a vote of 390 – 37; in the Senate by unanimous consent).
The law affirms the existing U.S. Commerce Department interpretation of its authority to countervail injurious actionable subsidies on products from the People’s Republic of China and from Vietnam.
Related recent Blogs
- May 20, 2013 Headlines: Manufacturing & social media, growth of the U.S. economy, and more. • by LRaup • 05/20/2013
- President Obama visits Baltimore factory to promote infrastructure investment as a means of revitalizing the middle class • by LDonia • 05/17/2013
- May 17, 2013 Headlines: Strengthening our national security, focusing on jobs, and more. • by LRaup • 05/17/2013
- Five reasons you should be concerned about the U.S. military's reliance on foreign manufacturers. • by LDonia • 05/16/2013
- Looking for a manufacturing job? Consider heading to one of these ten metro areas! • by mmcmullan • 05/16/2013
- National Retail Federation dismisses global safety plan for garment factories while Cambodian shoe factory collapses. • by LDonia • 05/16/2013
- OPINION: Aren't we better off buying safe, Made-in-USA products? • by scapozzola • 05/16/2013
- U.S. Senate Passes Water Resources Development Act (WRDA) with Buy America Amendment Included. • by scapozzola • 05/15/2013
- And the crystal ball says that U.S. manufacturing is going up/down/sideways... • by scapozzola • 05/15/2013
- Japan's currency moves are heating up a trade problem • by scapozzola • 05/15/2013