Netroots Nation 2011 wrap up
The Alliance for American Manufacturing (AAM) is back from Netroots Nation 2011! We’ve spent the last three days talking with bloggers and online advocates about the importance of American manufacturing, and were thrilled at the outpouring of support we saw for a Keep it Made in America agenda.
A few highlights from the conference:
- AAM set up a booth at the Minneapolis Convention center that served as our event headquarters. We used to this space to talk to attendees about American manufacturing, sign people up for our email list, and distribute American made goodies like Poptarts and Nutrigrain bars.
- We held a great panel on the revitilization of American manufacturing. The panel discussion was led by Scott Paul of the Alliance for American Manufacturing and featured Congressman Jim McGovern, Jared Bernstein of the Center on Budget and Policy Priorities, Beri Fox, the owner of Marble King in West Virginia, and Dave Johnson, who blogs for Campaign for America's Future. Read more about the great discussion that took place during this even on the Netoots Nation blog.
- We also threw a Made in America party that included our much anticipated Made in America fashion show. Our blogger models strutted their stuff in American-made clothes in front of a packed house, and afterwards enjoyed the musical renderings of a Blues Brother’s tribute band. Check out some fashion show footage from Pam’s House Blend and check back soon for more photos and videos!
We’re glad we had the opportunity to participate in this year’s conference and look forward to seeing everyone next year at Netroots Nation 2012 in Providence, RI!
Related recent Blogs
- Manufacturing sector adds 28,000 jobs in July: Alliance for American Manufacturing (AAM) statement. • by scapozzola • 08/01/2014
- New "Gigafactory" set to create thousands of jobs in the U.S. • by TGarland • 07/31/2014
- Congress Still Hasn't Made a Fix to the Highway Trust Fund • by mmcmullan • 07/30/2014
- UCLA Flood: A Real Life of Example of What Happens When We Ignore Our Infrastructure • by elizabethbb • 07/30/2014
- Candidate Watch: We Need a Few More Details, Terri Lynn Land • by elizabethbb • 07/29/2014
- Fact Check: Standing Up Against Unfair Trade, Kentucky Edition • by TGarland • 07/25/2014
- Strengthened Workforce Training is Great — and We Can Do More • by elizabethbb • 07/23/2014
- Americans Want Trade Agreements that Do Not Undermine Manufacturing Jobs, New Poll Finds • by TGarland • 07/23/2014
- Highlights from AAM's Trip to Detroit for Netroots Nation 2014 • by elizabethbb • 07/23/2014
- Toxic Fast Food: Just the Latest Scandal Involving Made-in-China Products. • by elizabethbb • 07/22/2014