Netroots Nation 2011 wrap up
The Alliance for American Manufacturing (AAM) is back from Netroots Nation 2011! We’ve spent the last three days talking with bloggers and online advocates about the importance of American manufacturing, and were thrilled at the outpouring of support we saw for a Keep it Made in America agenda.
A few highlights from the conference:
- AAM set up a booth at the Minneapolis Convention center that served as our event headquarters. We used to this space to talk to attendees about American manufacturing, sign people up for our email list, and distribute American made goodies like Poptarts and Nutrigrain bars.
- We held a great panel on the revitilization of American manufacturing. The panel discussion was led by Scott Paul of the Alliance for American Manufacturing and featured Congressman Jim McGovern, Jared Bernstein of the Center on Budget and Policy Priorities, Beri Fox, the owner of Marble King in West Virginia, and Dave Johnson, who blogs for Campaign for America's Future. Read more about the great discussion that took place during this even on the Netoots Nation blog.
- We also threw a Made in America party that included our much anticipated Made in America fashion show. Our blogger models strutted their stuff in American-made clothes in front of a packed house, and afterwards enjoyed the musical renderings of a Blues Brother’s tribute band. Check out some fashion show footage from Pam’s House Blend and check back soon for more photos and videos!
We’re glad we had the opportunity to participate in this year’s conference and look forward to seeing everyone next year at Netroots Nation 2012 in Providence, RI!
Related recent Blogs
- What's funding the military buildup in China? • by TGarland • 04/23/2014
- Quote Of The Day: "It's time the administration stiffened its spine" on trade issues • by mmcmullan • 04/22/2014
- Foxx takes to the road to push for transportation fixes • by mmcmullan • 04/17/2014
- Obama vs. Bush: Who actually made more progress in revaluing China’s yuan? • by scapozzola • 04/16/2014
- Treasury decision on China currency will cost U.S. jobs: Alliance for American Manufacturing (AAM) Statement. • by scapozzola • 04/15/2014
- OPINION: Fix the vulnerable defense industrial base • by mmcmullan • 04/14/2014
- Manufacturing Jobs & #EqualPay • by LRaup • 04/11/2014
- Rep. Sandy Levin talks currency and the TPP • by mmcmullan • 04/10/2014
- Throwback Thursday: Obama promises 1 million new manufacturing jobs • by TGarland • 04/10/2014
- What can we expect from the upcoming Treasury report on exchange rates? • by mmcmullan • 04/08/2014