Netroots Nation 2011 wrap up
The Alliance for American Manufacturing (AAM) is back from Netroots Nation 2011! We’ve spent the last three days talking with bloggers and online advocates about the importance of American manufacturing, and were thrilled at the outpouring of support we saw for a Keep it Made in America agenda.
A few highlights from the conference:
- AAM set up a booth at the Minneapolis Convention center that served as our event headquarters. We used to this space to talk to attendees about American manufacturing, sign people up for our email list, and distribute American made goodies like Poptarts and Nutrigrain bars.
- We held a great panel on the revitilization of American manufacturing. The panel discussion was led by Scott Paul of the Alliance for American Manufacturing and featured Congressman Jim McGovern, Jared Bernstein of the Center on Budget and Policy Priorities, Beri Fox, the owner of Marble King in West Virginia, and Dave Johnson, who blogs for Campaign for America's Future. Read more about the great discussion that took place during this even on the Netoots Nation blog.
- We also threw a Made in America party that included our much anticipated Made in America fashion show. Our blogger models strutted their stuff in American-made clothes in front of a packed house, and afterwards enjoyed the musical renderings of a Blues Brother’s tribute band. Check out some fashion show footage from Pam’s House Blend and check back soon for more photos and videos!
We’re glad we had the opportunity to participate in this year’s conference and look forward to seeing everyone next year at Netroots Nation 2012 in Providence, RI!
Related recent Blogs
- It wasn't all weather: What's behind the weak manufacturing jobs report. • by admin • 03/07/2014
- A Berry good story on American-made footwear • by mmcmullan • 03/06/2014
- White House economic adviser Gene Sperling shares words of wisdom on his way out • by TGarland • 03/05/2014
- EPI: Address currency manipulation and you address the jobs deficit • by mmcmullan • 03/05/2014
- A first look at the president's budget proposal for 2015 • by mmcmullan • 03/04/2014
- The U.S. needs a stronger domestic supply chain in the event of an attack • by TGarland • 03/04/2014
- Campaigns and political parties take note: We've got the key to attracting voters • by LDonia • 03/03/2014
- And the award goes to ... American workers • by TGarland • 03/03/2014
- 86th Annual Academy Awards: A glimpse at Los Angeles' manufacturing sector • by TGarland • 03/01/2014
- 86th Academy Awards: The Top 5 Manufacturing Movies • by scapozzola • 02/28/2014