Netroots Nation 2011 wrap up
The Alliance for American Manufacturing (AAM) is back from Netroots Nation 2011! We’ve spent the last three days talking with bloggers and online advocates about the importance of American manufacturing, and were thrilled at the outpouring of support we saw for a Keep it Made in America agenda.
A few highlights from the conference:
- AAM set up a booth at the Minneapolis Convention center that served as our event headquarters. We used to this space to talk to attendees about American manufacturing, sign people up for our email list, and distribute American made goodies like Poptarts and Nutrigrain bars.
- We held a great panel on the revitilization of American manufacturing. The panel discussion was led by Scott Paul of the Alliance for American Manufacturing and featured Congressman Jim McGovern, Jared Bernstein of the Center on Budget and Policy Priorities, Beri Fox, the owner of Marble King in West Virginia, and Dave Johnson, who blogs for Campaign for America's Future. Read more about the great discussion that took place during this even on the Netoots Nation blog.
- We also threw a Made in America party that included our much anticipated Made in America fashion show. Our blogger models strutted their stuff in American-made clothes in front of a packed house, and afterwards enjoyed the musical renderings of a Blues Brother’s tribute band. Check out some fashion show footage from Pam’s House Blend and check back soon for more photos and videos!
We’re glad we had the opportunity to participate in this year’s conference and look forward to seeing everyone next year at Netroots Nation 2012 in Providence, RI!
Related recent Blogs
- More Exports Are Nice, but Let’s Not Forget about Surging Imports • by elizabethbb • 09/02/2014
- Budweiser Made in America Festival Lives Up to Its Name • by TGarland • 09/02/2014
- Labor Day Travel a Reminder Why We Need Infrastructure Investment • by elizabethbb • 08/29/2014
- Terri Lynn Land’s Transportation Plan is… Interesting • by elizabethbb • 08/28/2014
- Made in China: “A Mistake That Will Be Hard to Turn Around For Decades” • by elizabethbb • 08/27/2014
- American Workers Remind Us What Labor Day Is All About • by TGarland • 08/26/2014
- Burger King Brouhaha Shows Tax Reform Debate Will Be Potent • by mmcmullan • 08/26/2014
- The Fourth Option: A National Manufacturing Strategy • by mmcmullan • 08/25/2014
- ITC Finds South Korean Dumping of OCTG Pipe: Alliance for American Manufacturing (AAM) Statement. • by scapozzola • 08/22/2014
- Trade Data Pours Cold Water on "Rising Star" Outlook for American Manufacturing • by mmcmullan • 08/21/2014