Nanette Lepore's New Shoe
Nanette Lepore has long championed New York's Garment District and the benefits of Made-in-USA apparel.
Now, the Manhattan designer has taken another step to publicize her "Made in the U.S.A." ethos with a new photo essay that touts her latest creation, a summer sandal, known as "The Absolute Wonder Wedge."
“I’m so thrilled to manufacture in LA and to support their finely skilled craftsmen and women," Lepore tells ELLE.com. "Making it in America ensures that the fashion industry will continue to thrive in this country for years to come.”
Related recent Blogs
- Some Made in America gift ideas for the obnoxious teenager in your life • by LDonia • 12/04/2013
- Infrastructure investment means job creation • by TGarland • 12/04/2013
- December 4, 2013: Familiar trade deficit doldrums • by mmcmullan • 12/04/2013
- What to do with abandoned factories? Bring in the artists! • by LDonia • 12/03/2013
- Surprise, surprise? Americans still say job creation should be top priority • by mmcmullan • 12/03/2013
- December 3, 2013: One number shows a #MFG uptick. Does that mean more #MFG jobs? • by mmcmullan • 12/03/2013
- The Computer Wore Heels: Check out "Top Secret Rosies" • by mmcmullan • 12/02/2013
- December 2, 2013: American-made holiday shopping • by LDonia • 12/02/2013
- 51 American-made holiday gifts from around the country • by LDonia • 11/27/2013
- The Veep heads to Asia, while Michigan Democrats and automakers press the "currency issue" in TPP talks • by TGarland • 11/27/2013