Mother Nature weighs in on the Bay Bridge debate.
California's Oakland Bay Bridge project was awarded to a state-owned Chinese firm by California officials, allegedly to save taxpayer money.
The Alliance for American Manufacturing (AAM) has made clear that U.S. manufacturers and their workers stood ready to build the bridge.
In the Contra Costa Times recently, AAM Executive Director Scott Paul explained that the Bay Bridge will "provide a learning moment for public officials who will make future decisions about infrastructure":
Paul claims California missed out on a chance to create 2,500 jobs. He said state-subsidized Chinese companies don't compete on a level playing field and sending money to China only strengthens it as an international competitor.
Here's an interesting item in follow-up. The Bay Area of California almost never experiences any lightning or thunder. People who live there can tell you that when it rains, it just RAINS. But you won't get thunder or lightning.
However, the Bay Bridge got hit with some surprising flashes of lightning recently, all caught on camera.
Related recent Blogs
- Shoring up our security means addressing the China challenge • by mmcmullan • 05/20/2013
- Quote of the Day from Caterpillar's Doug Oberhelman • by LDonia • 05/20/2013
- President Obama visits Baltimore factory to promote infrastructure investment as a means of revitalizing the middle class • by LDonia • 05/17/2013
- Five reasons you should be concerned about the U.S. military's reliance on foreign manufacturers. • by LDonia • 05/16/2013
- Looking for a manufacturing job? Consider heading to one of these ten metro areas! • by mmcmullan • 05/16/2013
- National Retail Federation dismisses global safety plan for garment factories while Cambodian shoe factory collapses. • by LDonia • 05/16/2013
- OPINION: Aren't we better off buying safe, Made-in-USA products? • by scapozzola • 05/16/2013
- May 16, 2013 Headlines: factory collapses in Cambodia, U.S. retail industry dismisses plan for safer working conditions, & more • by LDonia • 05/16/2013
- U.S. Senate Passes Water Resources Development Act (WRDA) with Buy America Amendment Included. • by scapozzola • 05/15/2013
- And the crystal ball says that U.S. manufacturing is going up/down/sideways... • by scapozzola • 05/15/2013