Michigan: Clean Energy Job Boom
After emerging from the “Decade from Hell,” Michigan is hoping to jumpstart its manufacturing industry. While the phrase “green jobs” may for some conjure up images of windmills and solar panels, Michigan is building what it knows best: Cars.
More specifically, Michigan is moving forward on both advanced battery and electric vehicle manufacturing, and research and development.
This hoped for manufacturing resurgence can bring innovation. Last year Michigan was responsible for 23% of the nation’s patents – 433 individual filings – most in electric or fuel cell vehicle technology.
Fueling this comeback has been the concerted efforts of former Governor Jennifer Granholm, who worked to use Michigan’s strength to succeed in the green economy. As the article notes, “policy matters.”
Read more here.
Related recent Blogs
- #ShopAmerica: Health and Beauty gift ideas • by LDonia • 12/11/2013
- Now there's an idea: Using trade policy as leverage with China • by mmcmullan • 12/11/2013
- 5 Keys to American-Made Holiday Shopping • by TGarland • 12/11/2013
- December 11, 2013: US Trade Rep has not discussed this "currency manipulation" everyone keeps talking about • by mmcmullan • 12/11/2013
- The Big Three set the stage for a manufacturing renaissance • by TGarland • 12/10/2013
- December 10, 2013: Welcome back, GM • by mmcmullan • 12/10/2013
- Pharmaceutical companies' interests are covered in the TPP -- as for everyone else? Ehh ... • by mmcmullan • 12/09/2013
- A swing and a miss for Biden in Asia • by TGarland • 12/09/2013
- December 9, 2013: China reports biggest trade surplus in five years • by TGarland • 12/09/2013
- Kickstarting a manufacturing renaissance • by TGarland • 12/06/2013