Michigan: Clean Energy Job Boom
After emerging from the “Decade from Hell,” Michigan is hoping to jumpstart its manufacturing industry. While the phrase “green jobs” may for some conjure up images of windmills and solar panels, Michigan is building what it knows best: Cars.
More specifically, Michigan is moving forward on both advanced battery and electric vehicle manufacturing, and research and development.
This hoped for manufacturing resurgence can bring innovation. Last year Michigan was responsible for 23% of the nation’s patents – 433 individual filings – most in electric or fuel cell vehicle technology.
Fueling this comeback has been the concerted efforts of former Governor Jennifer Granholm, who worked to use Michigan’s strength to succeed in the green economy. As the article notes, “policy matters.”
Read more here.
Related recent Blogs
- Shoring up our security means addressing the China challenge • by mmcmullan • 05/20/2013
- Quote of the Day from Caterpillar's Doug Oberhelman • by LDonia • 05/20/2013
- May 20, 2013 Headlines: Manufacturing & social media, growth of the U.S. economy, and more. • by LRaup • 05/20/2013
- President Obama visits Baltimore factory to promote infrastructure investment as a means of revitalizing the middle class • by LDonia • 05/17/2013
- It's Fashion Friday, but NoCargo carries more than just American-made clothing! • by LDonia • 05/17/2013
- May 17, 2013 Headlines: Strengthening our national security, focusing on jobs, and more. • by LRaup • 05/17/2013
- Five reasons you should be concerned about the U.S. military's reliance on foreign manufacturers. • by LDonia • 05/16/2013
- Looking for a manufacturing job? Consider heading to one of these ten metro areas! • by mmcmullan • 05/16/2013
- National Retail Federation dismisses global safety plan for garment factories while Cambodian shoe factory collapses. • by LDonia • 05/16/2013
- OPINION: Aren't we better off buying safe, Made-in-USA products? • by scapozzola • 05/16/2013