MFG Trivia: Cassette tape manufacturing in the U.S.A.
You may recall that, back in September, we started a MFG Day countdown on ManufactureThis, by sharing one piece of manufacturing trivia each day. Alas, we never finished the project, as we hustled bring you the the jobs report. And we were so close to capping off the list!
Here, now, is our final piece of manufacturing trivia:
Image by Flickr user cassettes, used following Creative Commons guidelines.
Wondering what people are doing these days with cassette tapes? According to National Audio, a company that makes a lot of them, clients run the gamut from people who just enjoy the audio quality of a cassette, to those who enjoy making mixtapes that are actual ... well ... tapes.
While we don't have any cassettes here at AAM, we didn't want to let this opportunity to make a playlist pass us by. So we polled our office and asked what everyone's first cassette tape was. Here are the responses we received and, a special bonus, a playlist that includes three tracks from each person's first cassette. Enjoy.
Related recent Blogs
- Foxx takes to the road to push for transportation fixes • by mmcmullan • 04/17/2014
- Obama vs. Bush: Who actually made more progress in revaluing China’s yuan? • by scapozzola • 04/16/2014
- Treasury decision on China currency will cost U.S. jobs: Alliance for American Manufacturing (AAM) Statement. • by scapozzola • 04/15/2014
- Gathered in the USA • by TGarland • 04/15/2014
- OPINION: Fix the vulnerable defense industrial base • by mmcmullan • 04/14/2014
- April 14, 2014: Opinions, opinions, and Peeps • by mmcmullan • 04/14/2014
- Fashion Friday: Accessorizing the American-made way • by LRaup • 04/11/2014
- Manufacturing Jobs & #EqualPay • by LRaup • 04/11/2014
- April 11, 2014: Cherry blossoms! • by mmcmullan • 04/11/2014
- Rep. Sandy Levin talks currency and the TPP • by mmcmullan • 04/10/2014