MFG Trivia: Cassette tape manufacturing in the U.S.A.
You may recall that, back in September, we started a MFG Day countdown on ManufactureThis, by sharing one piece of manufacturing trivia each day. Alas, we never finished the project, as we hustled bring you the the jobs report. And we were so close to capping off the list!
Here, now, is our final piece of manufacturing trivia:
Image by Flickr user cassettes, used following Creative Commons guidelines.
Wondering what people are doing these days with cassette tapes? According to National Audio, a company that makes a lot of them, clients run the gamut from people who just enjoy the audio quality of a cassette, to those who enjoy making mixtapes that are actual ... well ... tapes.
While we don't have any cassettes here at AAM, we didn't want to let this opportunity to make a playlist pass us by. So we polled our office and asked what everyone's first cassette tape was. Here are the responses we received and, a special bonus, a playlist that includes three tracks from each person's first cassette. Enjoy.
Related recent Blogs
- ITC Finds South Korean Dumping of OCTG Pipe: Alliance for American Manufacturing (AAM) Statement. • by scapozzola • 08/22/2014
- Trade Data Pours Cold Water on "Rising Star" Outlook for American Manufacturing • by mmcmullan • 08/21/2014
- U.S. Named Among “Rising Global Stars” in Manufacturing • by elizabethbb • 08/20/2014
- If America Won’t Invest in America’s Infrastructure, China Will • by elizabethbb • 08/19/2014
- Yes, Manufacturing Jobs Are Coming Back. But Will Progress Happen Fast Enough? • by elizabethbb • 08/18/2014
- No Electricity Needed for Corter Leather & Cloth • by elizabethbb • 08/15/2014
- Improving Our Railways: A Key Part of Rebuilding America • by elizabethbb • 08/14/2014
- Five Tests Walmart Must Pass to Show its 'Made In America' Street Cred • by spaul • 08/13/2014
- More Evidence the "Jobs Recovery" Isn’t All It’s Cracked Up to Be • by elizabethbb • 08/12/2014
- More Work to Do, Indeed • by elizabethbb • 08/11/2014