MFG Trivia: Cassette tape manufacturing in the U.S.A.
You may recall that, back in September, we started a MFG Day countdown on ManufactureThis, by sharing one piece of manufacturing trivia each day. Alas, we never finished the project, as we hustled bring you the the jobs report. And we were so close to capping off the list!
Here, now, is our final piece of manufacturing trivia:
Image by Flickr user cassettes, used following Creative Commons guidelines.
Wondering what people are doing these days with cassette tapes? According to National Audio, a company that makes a lot of them, clients run the gamut from people who just enjoy the audio quality of a cassette, to those who enjoy making mixtapes that are actual ... well ... tapes.
While we don't have any cassettes here at AAM, we didn't want to let this opportunity to make a playlist pass us by. So we polled our office and asked what everyone's first cassette tape was. Here are the responses we received and, a special bonus, a playlist that includes three tracks from each person's first cassette. Enjoy.
Related recent Blogs
- Indiana manufacturing program expands • by TGarland • 12/05/2013
- Scott Paul: Keep skilled jobs for skilled workers in Washington • by mmcmullan • 12/05/2013
- December 5, 2013: Another voice for a currency rule in the TPP • by mmcmullan • 12/05/2013
- Some Made in America gift ideas for the obnoxious teenager in your life • by LDonia • 12/04/2013
- A bad time to sideline trade talks • by mmcmullan • 12/04/2013
- Infrastructure investment means job creation • by TGarland • 12/04/2013
- December 4, 2013: Familiar trade deficit doldrums • by mmcmullan • 12/04/2013
- China trade deficit on pace for new record, but will anyone notice? Alliance for American Manufacturing (AAM) Statement. • by scapozzola • 12/04/2013
- What to do with abandoned factories? Bring in the artists! • by LDonia • 12/03/2013
- Surprise, surprise? Americans still say job creation should be top priority • by mmcmullan • 12/03/2013