MFG Trivia: Cassette tape manufacturing in the U.S.A.
You may recall that, back in September, we started a MFG Day countdown on ManufactureThis, by sharing one piece of manufacturing trivia each day. Alas, we never finished the project, as we hustled bring you the the jobs report. And we were so close to capping off the list!
Here, now, is our final piece of manufacturing trivia:
Image by Flickr user cassettes, used following Creative Commons guidelines.
Wondering what people are doing these days with cassette tapes? According to National Audio, a company that makes a lot of them, clients run the gamut from people who just enjoy the audio quality of a cassette, to those who enjoy making mixtapes that are actual ... well ... tapes.
While we don't have any cassettes here at AAM, we didn't want to let this opportunity to make a playlist pass us by. So we polled our office and asked what everyone's first cassette tape was. Here are the responses we received and, a special bonus, a playlist that includes three tracks from each person's first cassette. Enjoy.
Related recent Blogs
- A Boy Scout badge in advanced manufacturing? • by TGarland • 03/10/2014
- March 10, 2014: Making moves for manufacturing • by mmcmullan • 03/10/2014
- Donald Trump addresses CPAC crowds on key AAM issues • by LRaup • 03/07/2014
- March 7, 2014: Weak #MFG job growth and a big trade deficit earn Obama the saddest of trombones • by mmcmullan • 03/07/2014
- It wasn't all weather: What's behind the weak manufacturing jobs report. • by admin • 03/07/2014
- A Berry good story on American-made footwear • by mmcmullan • 03/06/2014
- White House economic adviser Gene Sperling shares words of wisdom on his way out • by TGarland • 03/05/2014
- EPI: Address currency manipulation and you address the jobs deficit • by mmcmullan • 03/05/2014
- A first look at the president's budget proposal for 2015 • by mmcmullan • 03/04/2014
- The U.S. needs a stronger domestic supply chain in the event of an attack • by TGarland • 03/04/2014