This Memorial Day, Keep it Made in America
This coming Monday is Memorial Day, an important day of recognition for the brave men and women who lost their lives while serving this country, and the Alliance for American Manufacturing (AAM) salutes all members of the armed services. Since this day of observance unofficially marks the beginning of the summer holiday and is often accompanied by family barbeques and other outdoor activities, we wanted to share some American-made products that will help you kick start the summer while keeping it made in made in America.
Duluth Pack: Traveling this Memorial Day? Pack up and hit the road with sturdy and stylish luggage from Duluth Pack. With a history that dates back to 1882, this Duluth, Minnesota-based company offers a wide range of American-made bags to meet all your travel needs—and with lifetime guarantees, you’ll be using them for many Memorial Days to come.
Coleman Coolers: We've previously blogged about how Coleman Co. moved production of its 16-quart, wheeled plastic coolers from China to Kansas, which is great news. This Memorial Day we recommend opting for one of these American-made coolers to keep your beverages cool in the hot summer sun.
Weber Grills: No memorial day is complete without some time spent flipping hotdogs and hamburgers on the grill--and no grill is more famous than the classic Weber charcoal grill. These iconic American-made grills were originally designed by a welder from Illinois who was looking for a way to keep ash from blowing onto his food. More than 50 years later, Weber grills remain a favorite amongst American barbeque lovers.
Beach Pail Set: Heading to the beach this Memorial day? Don’t forget to pack some American-made beach toys for the kids! With a pail, shovels, castle molds, and a sieve this beach pail set from AmeriKid.com will guarantee hours of fun—just add sand!
Related recent Blogs
- Nanette Lepore's New Shoe • by scapozzola • 05/24/2013
- May 24, 2013 Headlines: U.S.-EU trade deal exemptions, investing in U.S. manufacturing, and more. • by LRaup • 05/24/2013
- Washington State Bridge Collapse Illustrates Perils of Failing Infrastructure. • by scapozzola • 05/24/2013
- Reps. Daniel Lipinski (D-IL) and Michael Grimm (R-NY) form new Congressional Public Transportation Caucus. • by scapozzola • 05/23/2013
- Homeland Security and Gov. Tom Ridge • by scapozzola • 05/23/2013
- CNBC: Is a Chinese construction firm benefiting from its Beijing connection? • by scapozzola • 05/23/2013
- May 23, 2013 Headlines: Gains in the job market, small businesses manufacturing in the U.S.A., and more. • by LRaup • 05/23/2013
- VIDEO: Concerns about America's defense industrial base • by scapozzola • 05/22/2013
- CNBC: China investing in U.S. • by scapozzola • 05/22/2013
- In Indiana, ongoing concerns about subsidized auto parts from China and Japan • by scapozzola • 05/22/2013