Members of Congress work to boost American manufacturing
We wanted to take this opportunity to highlight what members of Congress have been doing lately to support American manufacturing:
Sen. Sherrod Brown (D-OH) toured Lincoln Electric in Cleveland, OH to tout the importance of creating of a national manufacturing policy. Alliance for American Manfuacturing (AAM) Executive Director Scott Paul recently testified before the Congressional Joint Economic Committee about the need for a nation manufacturing strategy.
Sen. Richard Blumenthal (D-CT) and Rep.Rosa DeLauro (D-CT) visited the Buchanan Marine factory in New Haven, CT to discuss the Manufacturing Reinvestment Account Act that they introduced to Congress. The bill will enable manufacturers to invest new capital into equipment, facilities, and job training that will make them more competitive and enable them to grow. AAM supports the establishment of a manufacturing investment facility to leverage private capital for domestic manufacturing. See AAM's plan here.
Senate Manufacturing Caucus chair Debbie Stabenow (D-MI), House Manufacturing Caucus chair Don Manzullo (R-IL) and House Trade Working Group chair Mike Michaud (D-ME) praised the WTO ruling against China’s Illegal export restraints on raw materials. This ruling will force China to end its illegal export restrictions on raw materials that put American companies at a cost disadvantage and threaten American jobs.
Related recent Blogs
- Clean energy manufacturing gets help from DOE • by TGarland • 12/12/2013
- John Porcari, DOT Buy America champion, is stepping down • by mmcmullan • 12/12/2013
- Now there's an idea: Using trade policy as leverage with China • by mmcmullan • 12/11/2013
- 5 Keys to American-Made Holiday Shopping • by TGarland • 12/11/2013
- The Big Three set the stage for a manufacturing renaissance • by TGarland • 12/10/2013
- December 10, 2013: Welcome back, GM • by mmcmullan • 12/10/2013
- Pharmaceutical companies' interests are covered in the TPP -- as for everyone else? Ehh ... • by mmcmullan • 12/09/2013
- A swing and a miss for Biden in Asia • by TGarland • 12/09/2013
- Kickstarting a manufacturing renaissance • by TGarland • 12/06/2013
- U.S. Manufacturing Gains 27,000 Jobs in November: Alliance for American Manufacturing (AAM) Statement. • by scapozzola • 12/06/2013