Members of Congress work to boost American manufacturing
We wanted to take this opportunity to highlight what members of Congress have been doing lately to support American manufacturing:
Sen. Sherrod Brown (D-OH) toured Lincoln Electric in Cleveland, OH to tout the importance of creating of a national manufacturing policy. Alliance for American Manfuacturing (AAM) Executive Director Scott Paul recently testified before the Congressional Joint Economic Committee about the need for a nation manufacturing strategy.
Sen. Richard Blumenthal (D-CT) and Rep.Rosa DeLauro (D-CT) visited the Buchanan Marine factory in New Haven, CT to discuss the Manufacturing Reinvestment Account Act that they introduced to Congress. The bill will enable manufacturers to invest new capital into equipment, facilities, and job training that will make them more competitive and enable them to grow. AAM supports the establishment of a manufacturing investment facility to leverage private capital for domestic manufacturing. See AAM's plan here.
Senate Manufacturing Caucus chair Debbie Stabenow (D-MI), House Manufacturing Caucus chair Don Manzullo (R-IL) and House Trade Working Group chair Mike Michaud (D-ME) praised the WTO ruling against China’s Illegal export restraints on raw materials. This ruling will force China to end its illegal export restrictions on raw materials that put American companies at a cost disadvantage and threaten American jobs.
Related recent Blogs
- President Obama visits Baltimore factory to promote infrastructure investment as a means of revitalizing the middle class • by LDonia • 05/17/2013
- Five reasons you should be concerned about the U.S. military's reliance on foreign manufacturers. • by LDonia • 05/16/2013
- Looking for a manufacturing job? Consider heading to one of these ten metro areas! • by mmcmullan • 05/16/2013
- National Retail Federation dismisses global safety plan for garment factories while Cambodian shoe factory collapses. • by LDonia • 05/16/2013
- OPINION: Aren't we better off buying safe, Made-in-USA products? • by scapozzola • 05/16/2013
- U.S. Senate Passes Water Resources Development Act (WRDA) with Buy America Amendment Included. • by scapozzola • 05/15/2013
- And the crystal ball says that U.S. manufacturing is going up/down/sideways... • by scapozzola • 05/15/2013
- Japan's currency moves are heating up a trade problem • by scapozzola • 05/15/2013
- Oregon construction group pushes for Made in America • by scapozzola • 05/14/2013
- Promise on the horizon for American solar • by mmcmullan • 05/14/2013