Mayors from around the U.S. visit Capitol Hill today to push for "Buy Local, Buy American"
A diverse group of mayors from industrial cities throughout the U.S. will convene a panel discussion on Capitol Hill this morning to talk about manufacturing jobs in their communities. Alliance for American Manufacturing (AAM) Executive Director Scott Paul will join the panel discussion, which starts at 10:15 am ET.
The panel will examine how manufacturing workers and businesses are doing in the U.S. and will explore ways to improve conditions for manufacturing.
The “Keep America Moving” event will be held in the Dirksen Senate Office Building, Room 419, and will include mayors and local officials from the cities of Lansing MI, Wixom MI, Auburn Hills MI, Kenosha WI, Anderson IN, Massena NY, and Warren MI. Also participating are various representatives from business and labor groups.
Moderator: Matt Ward, Mayors Auto Coalition
Panelists (in order): Mayor Virg Bernero, City of Lansing, Michigan
Mayor Kevin Smith, City of Anderson, Indiana
Scott Paul, Executive Director, Alliance for American Manufacturing (AAM)
Elliott Laws, RACER Trustee
Related recent Blogs
- Kickstarting a manufacturing renaissance • by TGarland • 12/06/2013
- December 6, 2013: The #AAMeter, it moves (in the right direction)! • by mmcmullan • 12/06/2013
- U.S. Manufacturing Gains 27,000 Jobs in November: Alliance for American Manufacturing (AAM) Statement. • by scapozzola • 12/06/2013
- Indiana manufacturing program expands • by TGarland • 12/05/2013
- Scott Paul: Keep skilled jobs for skilled workers in Washington • by mmcmullan • 12/05/2013
- December 5, 2013: Another voice for a currency rule in the TPP • by mmcmullan • 12/05/2013
- Some Made in America gift ideas for the obnoxious teenager in your life • by LDonia • 12/04/2013
- A bad time to sideline trade talks • by mmcmullan • 12/04/2013
- Infrastructure investment means job creation • by TGarland • 12/04/2013
- December 4, 2013: Familiar trade deficit doldrums • by mmcmullan • 12/04/2013