Mayors from around the U.S. visit Capitol Hill today to push for "Buy Local, Buy American"
A diverse group of mayors from industrial cities throughout the U.S. will convene a panel discussion on Capitol Hill this morning to talk about manufacturing jobs in their communities. Alliance for American Manufacturing (AAM) Executive Director Scott Paul will join the panel discussion, which starts at 10:15 am ET.
The panel will examine how manufacturing workers and businesses are doing in the U.S. and will explore ways to improve conditions for manufacturing.
The “Keep America Moving” event will be held in the Dirksen Senate Office Building, Room 419, and will include mayors and local officials from the cities of Lansing MI, Wixom MI, Auburn Hills MI, Kenosha WI, Anderson IN, Massena NY, and Warren MI. Also participating are various representatives from business and labor groups.
Moderator: Matt Ward, Mayors Auto Coalition
Panelists (in order): Mayor Virg Bernero, City of Lansing, Michigan
Mayor Kevin Smith, City of Anderson, Indiana
Scott Paul, Executive Director, Alliance for American Manufacturing (AAM)
Elliott Laws, RACER Trustee
Related recent Blogs
- VIDEO: Concerns about America's defense industrial base • by scapozzola • 05/22/2013
- CNBC: China investing in U.S. • by scapozzola • 05/22/2013
- In Indiana, ongoing concerns about subsidized auto parts from China and Japan • by scapozzola • 05/22/2013
- RADIO: AAM's Scott Paul on Leslie Marshall Radio Show, May 20, 2013 • by scapozzola • 05/21/2013
- May 21, 2013 Headlines: Tensions with North Korea, a stronger WTO, and more. • by LRaup • 05/21/2013
- Shoring up our security means addressing the China challenge • by mmcmullan • 05/20/2013
- Quote of the Day from Caterpillar's Doug Oberhelman • by LDonia • 05/20/2013
- May 20, 2013 Headlines: Manufacturing & social media, growth of the U.S. economy, and more. • by LRaup • 05/20/2013
- President Obama visits Baltimore factory to promote infrastructure investment as a means of revitalizing the middle class • by LDonia • 05/17/2013
- It's Fashion Friday, but NoCargo carries more than just American-made clothing! • by LDonia • 05/17/2013