Mayors from around the U.S. visit Capitol Hill today to push for "Buy Local, Buy American"
A diverse group of mayors from industrial cities throughout the U.S. will convene a panel discussion on Capitol Hill this morning to talk about manufacturing jobs in their communities. Alliance for American Manufacturing (AAM) Executive Director Scott Paul will join the panel discussion, which starts at 10:15 am ET.
The panel will examine how manufacturing workers and businesses are doing in the U.S. and will explore ways to improve conditions for manufacturing.
The “Keep America Moving” event will be held in the Dirksen Senate Office Building, Room 419, and will include mayors and local officials from the cities of Lansing MI, Wixom MI, Auburn Hills MI, Kenosha WI, Anderson IN, Massena NY, and Warren MI. Also participating are various representatives from business and labor groups.
Moderator: Matt Ward, Mayors Auto Coalition
Panelists (in order): Mayor Virg Bernero, City of Lansing, Michigan
Mayor Kevin Smith, City of Anderson, Indiana
Scott Paul, Executive Director, Alliance for American Manufacturing (AAM)
Elliott Laws, RACER Trustee
Related recent Blogs
- Clean energy manufacturing gets help from DOE • by TGarland • 12/12/2013
- John Porcari, DOT Buy America champion, is stepping down • by mmcmullan • 12/12/2013
- December 12, 2013: Uh, an economic boom? • by mmcmullan • 12/12/2013
- #ShopAmerica: Health and Beauty gift ideas • by LDonia • 12/11/2013
- Now there's an idea: Using trade policy as leverage with China • by mmcmullan • 12/11/2013
- 5 Keys to American-Made Holiday Shopping • by TGarland • 12/11/2013
- December 11, 2013: US Trade Rep has not discussed this "currency manipulation" everyone keeps talking about • by mmcmullan • 12/11/2013
- The Big Three set the stage for a manufacturing renaissance • by TGarland • 12/10/2013
- December 10, 2013: Welcome back, GM • by mmcmullan • 12/10/2013
- Pharmaceutical companies' interests are covered in the TPP -- as for everyone else? Ehh ... • by mmcmullan • 12/09/2013