May 9, 2011 Headlines: U.S.-China Strategic & Economic Dialogue Coverage, Krugman on the Elites, and More
The U.S.-China Strategic & Economic Dialogue gets underway in Washington today. Some coverage:
WaPo weighs in on the meeting.
NYT: Laura Tyson says the Yuan doesn’t impact our trade balance. She’s wrong.
WSJ: The U.S. will continue to press China to raise the value of its currency.
Reuters looks at the ‘irritants’ in the relationship.
BW: The U.S. will also ask China to raise interest rates.
BG: Should American troops be wearing American-made athletic footwear? Absolutely.
USAT: A look at the role manufacturing is playing in the fortunes of two Indiana cities.
WaPo: The rescue package for GM and Chrysler is working, says E.J. Dionne.
TD: Are we in a McJobs economy?
FT: The Financial Times looks inside the future of American manufacturing.
The Hill: Will high unemployment in battleground states spell trouble for Obama?
NYT: Beijing blames “foreigners” for all of its problems.
NYT: Paul Krugman rightly sticks it to the elites.
Bloomberg: German exports are way up. Wish we could say the same thing.
WSJ: Chinese wages are rising.
The Diplomat: China is building a lot of destroyers for its Navy.
Related recent Blogs
- What good's a trade agreement if you don't enforce the on-the-books trade rules? • by mmcmullan • 03/11/2014
- A National Manufacturing Strategy could be the "be all, end all" for depressed wages • by LRaup • 03/11/2014
- A Boy Scout badge in advanced manufacturing? • by TGarland • 03/10/2014
- March 10, 2014: Making moves for manufacturing • by mmcmullan • 03/10/2014
- Donald Trump addresses CPAC crowds on key AAM issues • by LRaup • 03/07/2014
- March 7, 2014: Weak #MFG job growth and a big trade deficit earn Obama the saddest of trombones • by mmcmullan • 03/07/2014
- It wasn't all weather: What's behind the weak manufacturing jobs report. • by admin • 03/07/2014
- A Berry good story on American-made footwear • by mmcmullan • 03/06/2014
- White House economic adviser Gene Sperling shares words of wisdom on his way out • by TGarland • 03/05/2014
- EPI: Address currency manipulation and you address the jobs deficit • by mmcmullan • 03/05/2014