May 9, 2011 Headlines: U.S.-China Strategic & Economic Dialogue Coverage, Krugman on the Elites, and More
The U.S.-China Strategic & Economic Dialogue gets underway in Washington today. Some coverage:
WaPo weighs in on the meeting.
NYT: Laura Tyson says the Yuan doesn’t impact our trade balance. She’s wrong.
WSJ: The U.S. will continue to press China to raise the value of its currency.
Reuters looks at the ‘irritants’ in the relationship.
BW: The U.S. will also ask China to raise interest rates.
BG: Should American troops be wearing American-made athletic footwear? Absolutely.
USAT: A look at the role manufacturing is playing in the fortunes of two Indiana cities.
WaPo: The rescue package for GM and Chrysler is working, says E.J. Dionne.
TD: Are we in a McJobs economy?
FT: The Financial Times looks inside the future of American manufacturing.
The Hill: Will high unemployment in battleground states spell trouble for Obama?
NYT: Beijing blames “foreigners” for all of its problems.
NYT: Paul Krugman rightly sticks it to the elites.
Bloomberg: German exports are way up. Wish we could say the same thing.
WSJ: Chinese wages are rising.
The Diplomat: China is building a lot of destroyers for its Navy.
Related recent Blogs
- #ShopAmerica: Health and Beauty gift ideas • by LDonia • 12/11/2013
- Now there's an idea: Using trade policy as leverage with China • by mmcmullan • 12/11/2013
- 5 Keys to American-Made Holiday Shopping • by TGarland • 12/11/2013
- December 11, 2013: US Trade Rep has not discussed this "currency manipulation" everyone keeps talking about • by mmcmullan • 12/11/2013
- The Big Three set the stage for a manufacturing renaissance • by TGarland • 12/10/2013
- December 10, 2013: Welcome back, GM • by mmcmullan • 12/10/2013
- Pharmaceutical companies' interests are covered in the TPP -- as for everyone else? Ehh ... • by mmcmullan • 12/09/2013
- A swing and a miss for Biden in Asia • by TGarland • 12/09/2013
- December 9, 2013: China reports biggest trade surplus in five years • by TGarland • 12/09/2013
- Kickstarting a manufacturing renaissance • by TGarland • 12/06/2013