May 6th, 2013 Headlines: manufacturing job growth stalled, China's economy slows, and more...
New York Times: If market can't do it, U.S. Government should help create new jobs.
Washington Post: Apprenticeships may help the United States create a manufacturing renaissance.
CBS News: Manufacture New York urges garment-makers to produce their clothing in the United States.
Washington Post: Unfilled jobs may reflect employers' reluctance to hire, not un-skilled workforce.
Detroit Free Press: Employers created 165,000 new jobs last month, here are the sectors that saw growth.
CBN: AAM's Scott Paul explains how the U.S. can stimulate its manufacturing sector.
Reuters: Analysts not optimistic about China's imminent economic future.
Huffington Post: After not adding a single manufacturing job last month, the time has come to discuss strategy.
Forbes: The Trans-Pacific Partnership will be a trade game-changer.
Related recent Blogs
- December 13, 2013: More Boeing trouble bubbles • by mmcmullan • 12/13/2013
- Clean energy manufacturing gets help from DOE • by TGarland • 12/12/2013
- December 12, 2013: Uh, an economic boom? • by mmcmullan • 12/12/2013
- #ShopAmerica: Health and Beauty gift ideas • by LDonia • 12/11/2013
- Now there's an idea: Using trade policy as leverage with China • by mmcmullan • 12/11/2013
- 5 Keys to American-Made Holiday Shopping • by TGarland • 12/11/2013
- December 11, 2013: US Trade Rep has not discussed this "currency manipulation" everyone keeps talking about • by mmcmullan • 12/11/2013
- The Big Three set the stage for a manufacturing renaissance • by TGarland • 12/10/2013
- December 10, 2013: Welcome back, GM • by mmcmullan • 12/10/2013
- Pharmaceutical companies' interests are covered in the TPP -- as for everyone else? Ehh ... • by mmcmullan • 12/09/2013