May 5, 2014: Save Our Steel Jobs
And welcome to the Early Shift. We’ll keep it short and sweet, because we’ve got a big day planned today at the Alliance for American Manufacturing. We’re in Lorain, Ohio to rally with workers and citizens against unfair trade practices that are threatening American steel jobs.
At today’s rally, we’re going to hear directly from workers at the U.S. Steel facility. U.S. Senator Sherrod Brown and U.S. Representative Marcy Kaptur are set to speak, too. We’ll have up-to-the-minute analysis on our blog. We’ll be talking about this issue on Twitter, using this hashtag: #SOSJobs. And if you can’t make it to Lorain today at 1 pm ET, you can watch the whole thing via livestream.
We’ll be letting Washington know how important it is that America fully enforces its trade laws. So join us today!
Elsewhere: A longtime legislative champion of Buy America policy, Minnesota’s Jim Oberstar, passed away this weekend at 79.
In California: Construction of a high-speed rail line between Bakersfield and Fresno is about to get the go-ahead.
And don’t forget:
And that’s it. That’s it and that’s all. Happy Monday, America! Join us this afternoon as we stand up for steel jobs.
Related recent Blogs
- Back From Detroit, Eyes on Washington • by elizabethbb • 07/21/2014
- The OCTG Trade Case Heads to the International Trade Commission • by TGarland • 07/16/2014
- What's next in the OCTG trade case? • by mmcmullan • 07/14/2014
- July 14, 2014: Commerce gets its OCTG ruling RIGHT! • by mmcmullan • 07/14/2014
- AAM Statement: Commerce Department Decision on South Korean OCTG Dumping. • by scapozzola • 07/11/2014
- The Top 4 Things to Know About #SOSJobs • by elizabethbb • 07/09/2014
- To Save Our Steel Jobs, It's Now or Never • by elizabethbb • 07/07/2014
- July 7, 2014: The final #SOSJobs countdown • by mmcmullan • 07/07/2014
- Spreading the Word: The American Prospect Features Save Our Steel Jobs Campaign • by elizabethbb • 07/03/2014
- As American as Apple Pie — But Made Overseas • by TGarland • 07/02/2014