May 31, 2011 Headlines: China Currency Manipulation, Detroit's Small Car Success, Krugman on Unemployment, and More
NYT: Paul Krugman wants to know why nothing is being done to lower the unemployment rate.
NYT: Detroit is bouncing back with smaller, more fuel-efficient cars.
Bloomberg: The Yuan is not rising fast enough, says the government. Then why isn’t the Obama administration calling China a currency manipulator?
WSJ: Will Obama’s rescue of the Auto industry in 2009 pay dividends for Democrats in 2012?
WSJ: Economists see a weak second quarter for the U.S. Economy.
The Hill: With new unemployment numbers to be released this Friday, lawmakers are sounding pessimistic.
NYT: China’s economy slows, but it hasn’t done anything to cut the risk of inflation.
WSJ: Looking for a summer internship in a strong economy? Try China.
Slate: What were the long-term effects of Henry Kissinger’s historic China trip?
WaPo: E.J. Dionne sees the U.S. falling behind in dealing with clean energy and budget deficits.
FT: China continues to violate human rights by increasing censorship of television.
USAT: Did you know that the recession’s been over for two years? Anemic job growth and high unemployment continue to dampen any recovery.
USAT: The Japanese earthquake has damaged the economies of Japan and the U.S.
Bloomberg: German unemployment has fallen for 23 straight months and is now at the lowest level in reunited German history.
Related recent Blogs
- Reps. Daniel Lipinski (D-IL) and Michael Grimm (R-NY) form new Congressional Public Transportation Caucus. • by scapozzola • 05/23/2013
- Homeland Security and Gov. Tom Ridge • by scapozzola • 05/23/2013
- CNBC: Is a Chinese construction firm benefiting from its Beijing connection? • by scapozzola • 05/23/2013
- May 23, 2013 Headlines: Gains in the job market, small businesses manufacturing in the U.S.A., and more. • by LRaup • 05/23/2013
- CNBC: China investing in U.S. • by scapozzola • 05/22/2013
- In Indiana, ongoing concerns about subsidized auto parts from China and Japan • by scapozzola • 05/22/2013
- RADIO: AAM's Scott Paul on Leslie Marshall Radio Show, May 20, 2013 • by scapozzola • 05/21/2013
- May 21, 2013 Headlines: Tensions with North Korea, a stronger WTO, and more. • by LRaup • 05/21/2013
- Quote of the Day from Caterpillar's Doug Oberhelman • by LDonia • 05/20/2013
- May 20, 2013 Headlines: Manufacturing & social media, growth of the U.S. economy, and more. • by LRaup • 05/20/2013