May 31, 2011 Headlines: China Currency Manipulation, Detroit's Small Car Success, Krugman on Unemployment, and More
NYT: Paul Krugman wants to know why nothing is being done to lower the unemployment rate.
NYT: Detroit is bouncing back with smaller, more fuel-efficient cars.
Bloomberg: The Yuan is not rising fast enough, says the government. Then why isn’t the Obama administration calling China a currency manipulator?
WSJ: Will Obama’s rescue of the Auto industry in 2009 pay dividends for Democrats in 2012?
WSJ: Economists see a weak second quarter for the U.S. Economy.
The Hill: With new unemployment numbers to be released this Friday, lawmakers are sounding pessimistic.
NYT: China’s economy slows, but it hasn’t done anything to cut the risk of inflation.
WSJ: Looking for a summer internship in a strong economy? Try China.
Slate: What were the long-term effects of Henry Kissinger’s historic China trip?
WaPo: E.J. Dionne sees the U.S. falling behind in dealing with clean energy and budget deficits.
FT: China continues to violate human rights by increasing censorship of television.
USAT: Did you know that the recession’s been over for two years? Anemic job growth and high unemployment continue to dampen any recovery.
USAT: The Japanese earthquake has damaged the economies of Japan and the U.S.
Bloomberg: German unemployment has fallen for 23 straight months and is now at the lowest level in reunited German history.
Related recent Blogs
- Kickstarting a manufacturing renaissance • by TGarland • 12/06/2013
- December 6, 2013: The #AAMeter, it moves (in the right direction)! • by mmcmullan • 12/06/2013
- U.S. Manufacturing Gains 27,000 Jobs in November: Alliance for American Manufacturing (AAM) Statement. • by scapozzola • 12/06/2013
- Indiana manufacturing program expands • by TGarland • 12/05/2013
- Scott Paul: Keep skilled jobs for skilled workers in Washington • by mmcmullan • 12/05/2013
- December 5, 2013: Another voice for a currency rule in the TPP • by mmcmullan • 12/05/2013
- Some Made in America gift ideas for the obnoxious teenager in your life • by LDonia • 12/04/2013
- A bad time to sideline trade talks • by mmcmullan • 12/04/2013
- Infrastructure investment means job creation • by TGarland • 12/04/2013
- December 4, 2013: Familiar trade deficit doldrums • by mmcmullan • 12/04/2013