May 24, 2012 Headlines: Growth Slows in China, Comeback in the Midwest, China Currency Update, and More
AP: China’s Ministry of Commerce has ruled that tariffs on their illegally subsidized goods are themselves illegal.
Reuters: World Bank economists see slowing growth in China.
NYT: Chinese manufacturing continued to slow.
WSJ: More analysis of the contraction of China’s manufacturing sector.
Bloomberg: China may turn to stimulus to help the manufacturing sector.
The Atlantic: Manufacturing in the Midwest is making a comeback.
The Iowa Republican: The factory President Obama visits today is in the process of sending 80 jobs to Mexico.
BBC: London wants to help the yuan become a global currency.
Related recent Blogs
- Some Made in America gift ideas for the obnoxious teenager in your life • by LDonia • 12/04/2013
- A bad time to sideline trade talks • by mmcmullan • 12/04/2013
- Infrastructure investment means job creation • by TGarland • 12/04/2013
- December 4, 2013: Familiar trade deficit doldrums • by mmcmullan • 12/04/2013
- China trade deficit on pace for new record, but will anyone notice? Alliance for American Manufacturing (AAM) Statement. • by scapozzola • 12/04/2013
- What to do with abandoned factories? Bring in the artists! • by LDonia • 12/03/2013
- Surprise, surprise? Americans still say job creation should be top priority • by mmcmullan • 12/03/2013
- December 3, 2013: One number shows a #MFG uptick. Does that mean more #MFG jobs? • by mmcmullan • 12/03/2013
- The Computer Wore Heels: Check out "Top Secret Rosies" • by mmcmullan • 12/02/2013
- December 2, 2013: American-made holiday shopping • by LDonia • 12/02/2013