May 24, 2012 Headlines: Growth Slows in China, Comeback in the Midwest, China Currency Update, and More
AP: China’s Ministry of Commerce has ruled that tariffs on their illegally subsidized goods are themselves illegal.
Reuters: World Bank economists see slowing growth in China.
NYT: Chinese manufacturing continued to slow.
WSJ: More analysis of the contraction of China’s manufacturing sector.
Bloomberg: China may turn to stimulus to help the manufacturing sector.
The Atlantic: Manufacturing in the Midwest is making a comeback.
The Iowa Republican: The factory President Obama visits today is in the process of sending 80 jobs to Mexico.
BBC: London wants to help the yuan become a global currency.
Related recent Blogs
- Clean energy manufacturing gets help from DOE • by TGarland • 12/12/2013
- December 12, 2013: Uh, an economic boom? • by mmcmullan • 12/12/2013
- #ShopAmerica: Health and Beauty gift ideas • by LDonia • 12/11/2013
- Now there's an idea: Using trade policy as leverage with China • by mmcmullan • 12/11/2013
- 5 Keys to American-Made Holiday Shopping • by TGarland • 12/11/2013
- December 11, 2013: US Trade Rep has not discussed this "currency manipulation" everyone keeps talking about • by mmcmullan • 12/11/2013
- The Big Three set the stage for a manufacturing renaissance • by TGarland • 12/10/2013
- December 10, 2013: Welcome back, GM • by mmcmullan • 12/10/2013
- Pharmaceutical companies' interests are covered in the TPP -- as for everyone else? Ehh ... • by mmcmullan • 12/09/2013
- A swing and a miss for Biden in Asia • by TGarland • 12/09/2013