May 20, 2011 Headlines: Chrysler Repays the Government, Krugman on Why Manufacturing Matters, and More
NYT: Making Things in America, by Paul Krugman.
WSJ: Chrysler is raising capital to repay its government loans.
USAT: U.S. automakers may benefit from Japanese shortages.
USAT: Auto manufacturing, thanks to the federal rescue package, saw the biggest down-to-up swing in employment after the recession.
FT: China had better tame inflation…or face unrest.
IW: GM breaks ground on an electric vehicle motor plant in Maryland. (ManufactureThis has toured the existing plant, which is spectacular.)
WSJ: China will increase subsidies to its renewable energy sector.
Related recent Blogs
- Strengthened Workforce Training is Great — and We Can Do More • by elizabethbb • 07/23/2014
- Highlights from AAM's Trip to Detroit for Netroots Nation 2014 • by elizabethbb • 07/23/2014
- Drink Up with a Made in America Tervis Tumbler • by elizabethbb • 07/21/2014
- Back From Detroit, Eyes on Washington • by elizabethbb • 07/21/2014
- So Excellent, So Bodacious: Check Out Some American-made Smartphone Style • by mmcmullan • 07/18/2014
- President Obama proposes public-private infrastructure initiative: Alliance for American Manufacturing (AAM) statement. • by scapozzola • 07/17/2014
- So Much For Promises: China's Manipulating Its Currency, Again • by mmcmullan • 07/17/2014
- Postcard from Iowa: AAM Field Coordinators Hop The Fence, Hang With Democrats • by mmcmullan • 07/16/2014
- Yellen: Infrastructure Funding Would "Counter" Economic Headwinds • by elizabethbb • 07/15/2014
- Let’s Build a Bridge and Fix the Highway Trust Fund • by elizabethbb • 07/15/2014