May 20, 2011 Headlines: Chrysler Repays the Government, Krugman on Why Manufacturing Matters, and More
NYT: Making Things in America, by Paul Krugman.
WSJ: Chrysler is raising capital to repay its government loans.
USAT: U.S. automakers may benefit from Japanese shortages.
USAT: Auto manufacturing, thanks to the federal rescue package, saw the biggest down-to-up swing in employment after the recession.
FT: China had better tame inflation…or face unrest.
IW: GM breaks ground on an electric vehicle motor plant in Maryland. (ManufactureThis has toured the existing plant, which is spectacular.)
WSJ: China will increase subsidies to its renewable energy sector.
Related recent Blogs
- April 22, 2014: Currency and the TPP • by mmcmullan • 04/22/2014
- April 18, 2014: Another miss from Treasury on currency manipulation • by mmcmullan • 04/18/2014
- Obama vs. Bush: Who actually made more progress in revaluing China’s yuan? • by scapozzola • 04/16/2014
- Treasury decision on China currency will cost U.S. jobs: Alliance for American Manufacturing (AAM) Statement. • by scapozzola • 04/15/2014
- Gathered in the USA • by TGarland • 04/15/2014
- April 14, 2014: Opinions, opinions, and Peeps • by mmcmullan • 04/14/2014
- Fashion Friday: Accessorizing the American-made way • by LRaup • 04/11/2014
- Manufacturing Jobs & #EqualPay • by LRaup • 04/11/2014
- April 11, 2014: Cherry blossoms! • by mmcmullan • 04/11/2014
- Rep. Sandy Levin talks currency and the TPP • by mmcmullan • 04/10/2014