May 20, 2011 Headlines: Chrysler Repays the Government, Krugman on Why Manufacturing Matters, and More
NYT: Making Things in America, by Paul Krugman.
WSJ: Chrysler is raising capital to repay its government loans.
USAT: U.S. automakers may benefit from Japanese shortages.
USAT: Auto manufacturing, thanks to the federal rescue package, saw the biggest down-to-up swing in employment after the recession.
FT: China had better tame inflation…or face unrest.
IW: GM breaks ground on an electric vehicle motor plant in Maryland. (ManufactureThis has toured the existing plant, which is spectacular.)
WSJ: China will increase subsidies to its renewable energy sector.
Related recent Blogs
- The Big Three set the stage for a manufacturing renaissance • by TGarland • 12/10/2013
- December 10, 2013: Welcome back, GM • by mmcmullan • 12/10/2013
- Pharmaceutical companies' interests are covered in the TPP -- as for everyone else? Ehh ... • by mmcmullan • 12/09/2013
- December 9, 2013: China reports biggest trade surplus in five years • by TGarland • 12/09/2013
- Kickstarting a manufacturing renaissance • by TGarland • 12/06/2013
- December 6, 2013: The #AAMeter, it moves (in the right direction)! • by mmcmullan • 12/06/2013
- U.S. Manufacturing Gains 27,000 Jobs in November: Alliance for American Manufacturing (AAM) Statement. • by scapozzola • 12/06/2013
- Indiana manufacturing program expands • by TGarland • 12/05/2013
- Scott Paul: Keep skilled jobs for skilled workers in Washington • by mmcmullan • 12/05/2013
- December 5, 2013: Another voice for a currency rule in the TPP • by mmcmullan • 12/05/2013