May 19, 2011 Headlines: Jobs Coming Back, Made in America at Notre Dame, Mike Coffman on Rare Earths, and More
HuffPo: Six emerging economies will account for over half of world economic growth by 2025. Will this end the dominance of the U.S. Dollar?
WE: Jobs that were once shipped to China are now moving back to Kansas.
WSJ: Can you search for pro-democracy websites in China? Apparently not.
Bloomberg: The Fighting Irish are also fighting for American jobs. Nothing in their bookstore is made in China.
OW: Yamaha will begin building its ATVs in Newman, GA.
CNN: It turns out that instead of cutting production costs, worker training is a better way to build our manufacturing economy.
WSJ: According to China, the U.S. is overstating the threat China poses.
WaPo: The WTO has ruled that Airbus receives excessive subsidies from the E.U., giving them an unnatural edge of Boeing.
NYT: This year’s college graduates face a bleak job market, and with piling debt, are severely underemployed.
WSJ: GM is increasing the production of the Chevy Volt, an all-electric car. The best part: They’ll be built in Michigan.
Reuters: Will the U.S. gain greater transparency into Chinese companies?
WSJ: Rep. Mike Coffman (R-CO) wants to know where the rare-earth elements are, and how the U.S. can access these vital components.
Related recent Blogs
- December 10, 2013: Welcome back, GM • by mmcmullan • 12/10/2013
- Pharmaceutical companies' interests are covered in the TPP -- as for everyone else? Ehh ... • by mmcmullan • 12/09/2013
- A swing and a miss for Biden in Asia • by TGarland • 12/09/2013
- December 9, 2013: China reports biggest trade surplus in five years • by TGarland • 12/09/2013
- Kickstarting a manufacturing renaissance • by TGarland • 12/06/2013
- December 6, 2013: The #AAMeter, it moves (in the right direction)! • by mmcmullan • 12/06/2013
- U.S. Manufacturing Gains 27,000 Jobs in November: Alliance for American Manufacturing (AAM) Statement. • by scapozzola • 12/06/2013
- Indiana manufacturing program expands • by TGarland • 12/05/2013
- Scott Paul: Keep skilled jobs for skilled workers in Washington • by mmcmullan • 12/05/2013
- December 5, 2013: Another voice for a currency rule in the TPP • by mmcmullan • 12/05/2013