May 19, 2011 Headlines: Jobs Coming Back, Made in America at Notre Dame, Mike Coffman on Rare Earths, and More
HuffPo: Six emerging economies will account for over half of world economic growth by 2025. Will this end the dominance of the U.S. Dollar?
WE: Jobs that were once shipped to China are now moving back to Kansas.
WSJ: Can you search for pro-democracy websites in China? Apparently not.
Bloomberg: The Fighting Irish are also fighting for American jobs. Nothing in their bookstore is made in China.
OW: Yamaha will begin building its ATVs in Newman, GA.
CNN: It turns out that instead of cutting production costs, worker training is a better way to build our manufacturing economy.
WSJ: According to China, the U.S. is overstating the threat China poses.
WaPo: The WTO has ruled that Airbus receives excessive subsidies from the E.U., giving them an unnatural edge of Boeing.
NYT: This year’s college graduates face a bleak job market, and with piling debt, are severely underemployed.
WSJ: GM is increasing the production of the Chevy Volt, an all-electric car. The best part: They’ll be built in Michigan.
Reuters: Will the U.S. gain greater transparency into Chinese companies?
WSJ: Rep. Mike Coffman (R-CO) wants to know where the rare-earth elements are, and how the U.S. can access these vital components.
Related recent Blogs
- VIDEO: Concerns about America's defense industrial base • by scapozzola • 05/22/2013
- CNBC: China investing in U.S. • by scapozzola • 05/22/2013
- In Indiana, ongoing concerns about subsidized auto parts from China and Japan • by scapozzola • 05/22/2013
- RADIO: AAM's Scott Paul on Leslie Marshall Radio Show, May 20, 2013 • by scapozzola • 05/21/2013
- May 21, 2013 Headlines: Tensions with North Korea, a stronger WTO, and more. • by LRaup • 05/21/2013
- Shoring up our security means addressing the China challenge • by mmcmullan • 05/20/2013
- Quote of the Day from Caterpillar's Doug Oberhelman • by LDonia • 05/20/2013
- May 20, 2013 Headlines: Manufacturing & social media, growth of the U.S. economy, and more. • by LRaup • 05/20/2013
- President Obama visits Baltimore factory to promote infrastructure investment as a means of revitalizing the middle class • by LDonia • 05/17/2013
- It's Fashion Friday, but NoCargo carries more than just American-made clothing! • by LDonia • 05/17/2013