May 18, 2012 Headlines: GM Volt Production Up, Tariffs on China, State Buy America, and More
DFP: GM is increasing production at their Chevy Volt plant, creating 200 jobs.
The Hill: The Commerce Department has imposed tariffs on illegal Chinese solar imports.
WaPo: Is this the end of cheap solar?
The Atlantic: R&D is a complex process, and companies need to invest in it.
NPR: More coverage of niche manufacturing: Breweries have increased while beer consumption has remained steady.
WSJ: The chief tax writer in the House wants a real tax reform.
WSJ: Bad numbers from the Philadelphia Fed manufacturing report.
PPG: The 3rd Circuit has upheld state Buy America laws.
Related recent Blogs
- Some Made in America gift ideas for the obnoxious teenager in your life • by LDonia • 12/04/2013
- A bad time to sideline trade talks • by mmcmullan • 12/04/2013
- Infrastructure investment means job creation • by TGarland • 12/04/2013
- December 4, 2013: Familiar trade deficit doldrums • by mmcmullan • 12/04/2013
- China trade deficit on pace for new record, but will anyone notice? Alliance for American Manufacturing (AAM) Statement. • by scapozzola • 12/04/2013
- What to do with abandoned factories? Bring in the artists! • by LDonia • 12/03/2013
- Surprise, surprise? Americans still say job creation should be top priority • by mmcmullan • 12/03/2013
- December 3, 2013: One number shows a #MFG uptick. Does that mean more #MFG jobs? • by mmcmullan • 12/03/2013
- The Computer Wore Heels: Check out "Top Secret Rosies" • by mmcmullan • 12/02/2013
- December 2, 2013: American-made holiday shopping • by LDonia • 12/02/2013