May 18, 2012 Headlines: GM Volt Production Up, Tariffs on China, State Buy America, and More
DFP: GM is increasing production at their Chevy Volt plant, creating 200 jobs.
The Hill: The Commerce Department has imposed tariffs on illegal Chinese solar imports.
WaPo: Is this the end of cheap solar?
The Atlantic: R&D is a complex process, and companies need to invest in it.
NPR: More coverage of niche manufacturing: Breweries have increased while beer consumption has remained steady.
WSJ: The chief tax writer in the House wants a real tax reform.
WSJ: Bad numbers from the Philadelphia Fed manufacturing report.
PPG: The 3rd Circuit has upheld state Buy America laws.
Related recent Blogs
- RADIO: AAM's Scott Paul on Leslie Marshall Radio Show, May 20, 2013 • by scapozzola • 05/21/2013
- May 21, 2013 Headlines: Tensions with North Korea, a stronger WTO, and more. • by LRaup • 05/21/2013
- Quote of the Day from Caterpillar's Doug Oberhelman • by LDonia • 05/20/2013
- May 20, 2013 Headlines: Manufacturing & social media, growth of the U.S. economy, and more. • by LRaup • 05/20/2013
- President Obama visits Baltimore factory to promote infrastructure investment as a means of revitalizing the middle class • by LDonia • 05/17/2013
- It's Fashion Friday, but NoCargo carries more than just American-made clothing! • by LDonia • 05/17/2013
- May 17, 2013 Headlines: Strengthening our national security, focusing on jobs, and more. • by LRaup • 05/17/2013
- Five reasons you should be concerned about the U.S. military's reliance on foreign manufacturers. • by LDonia • 05/16/2013
- Looking for a manufacturing job? Consider heading to one of these ten metro areas! • by mmcmullan • 05/16/2013
- National Retail Federation dismisses global safety plan for garment factories while Cambodian shoe factory collapses. • by LDonia • 05/16/2013