May 18, 2012 Headlines: GM Volt Production Up, Tariffs on China, State Buy America, and More
DFP: GM is increasing production at their Chevy Volt plant, creating 200 jobs.
The Hill: The Commerce Department has imposed tariffs on illegal Chinese solar imports.
WaPo: Is this the end of cheap solar?
The Atlantic: R&D is a complex process, and companies need to invest in it.
NPR: More coverage of niche manufacturing: Breweries have increased while beer consumption has remained steady.
WSJ: The chief tax writer in the House wants a real tax reform.
WSJ: Bad numbers from the Philadelphia Fed manufacturing report.
PPG: The 3rd Circuit has upheld state Buy America laws.
Related recent Blogs
- Clean energy manufacturing gets help from DOE • by TGarland • 12/12/2013
- December 12, 2013: Uh, an economic boom? • by mmcmullan • 12/12/2013
- #ShopAmerica: Health and Beauty gift ideas • by LDonia • 12/11/2013
- Now there's an idea: Using trade policy as leverage with China • by mmcmullan • 12/11/2013
- 5 Keys to American-Made Holiday Shopping • by TGarland • 12/11/2013
- December 11, 2013: US Trade Rep has not discussed this "currency manipulation" everyone keeps talking about • by mmcmullan • 12/11/2013
- The Big Three set the stage for a manufacturing renaissance • by TGarland • 12/10/2013
- December 10, 2013: Welcome back, GM • by mmcmullan • 12/10/2013
- Pharmaceutical companies' interests are covered in the TPP -- as for everyone else? Ehh ... • by mmcmullan • 12/09/2013
- A swing and a miss for Biden in Asia • by TGarland • 12/09/2013