May 15, 2012 Headlines: NY Manufacturing Up, American See Economic Improvement, Motorcycles Reshored, and More
NYT: Economic growth, like much of life in China, is highly regulated by the authorities.
The Hill: President Obama will not be attending an Asia-Pacific trade summit in Russia.
WSJ: Manufacturing in New York is on the upswing.
The Atlantic: The fastest-dying and fastest-growing jobs on the latter 20th Century.
USAT: In a new poll, 58% of Americans see the economy improving over the next year.
LeatherUp: Cleveland CycleWerks is moving motorcycle production from China to Ohio.
AP: Chinese authorities are not responding fast enough to fix structural problems with their economic model.
Bloomberg: Analysis of China’s monetary policies.
NASDAQ: China is looking to nationalize production of rare earth minerals.
Related recent Blogs
- #ShopAmerica: Health and Beauty gift ideas • by LDonia • 12/11/2013
- Now there's an idea: Using trade policy as leverage with China • by mmcmullan • 12/11/2013
- 5 Keys to American-Made Holiday Shopping • by TGarland • 12/11/2013
- December 11, 2013: US Trade Rep has not discussed this "currency manipulation" everyone keeps talking about • by mmcmullan • 12/11/2013
- The Big Three set the stage for a manufacturing renaissance • by TGarland • 12/10/2013
- December 10, 2013: Welcome back, GM • by mmcmullan • 12/10/2013
- Pharmaceutical companies' interests are covered in the TPP -- as for everyone else? Ehh ... • by mmcmullan • 12/09/2013
- A swing and a miss for Biden in Asia • by TGarland • 12/09/2013
- December 9, 2013: China reports biggest trade surplus in five years • by TGarland • 12/09/2013
- Kickstarting a manufacturing renaissance • by TGarland • 12/06/2013