May 13, 2011 Headlines: GM's Supply Chain, Alcoa Fights Pollution, and More
NYT: Although the immediate devastation from the Japanese earthquake has passed, the effects on global supply chains continue to ripple around the world. G.M., in particular, has had to make drastic changes.
WSJ: According to the IMF, China is beginning to see the importance of a freely floating currency. Will this affect their policies?
Reuters: In advance of the first top-level meetings between the U.S. Department of Defense and China’s People’s Liberation Army, there’s a lot of inherent mistrust to overcome.
USAT: Alcoa is developing a building panel that can break down pollutants in smog into harmless elements. Where will they be built?
WSJ: China’s teens are just like any other country’s. To reach them, head to LA.
WSJ: As Congress debates changes to the U.S. Tax Code, what value would a Value-Added-Tax provide?
PopSci: Which elements are critical to the clean energy economy?
Related recent Blogs
- CNBC: Is a Chinese construction firm benefiting from its Beijing connection? • by scapozzola • 05/23/2013
- May 23, 2013 Headlines: Gains in the job market, small businesses manufacturing in the U.S.A., and more. • by LRaup • 05/23/2013
- CNBC: China investing in U.S. • by scapozzola • 05/22/2013
- In Indiana, ongoing concerns about subsidized auto parts from China and Japan • by scapozzola • 05/22/2013
- RADIO: AAM's Scott Paul on Leslie Marshall Radio Show, May 20, 2013 • by scapozzola • 05/21/2013
- May 21, 2013 Headlines: Tensions with North Korea, a stronger WTO, and more. • by LRaup • 05/21/2013
- Quote of the Day from Caterpillar's Doug Oberhelman • by LDonia • 05/20/2013
- May 20, 2013 Headlines: Manufacturing & social media, growth of the U.S. economy, and more. • by LRaup • 05/20/2013
- President Obama visits Baltimore factory to promote infrastructure investment as a means of revitalizing the middle class • by LDonia • 05/17/2013
- It's Fashion Friday, but NoCargo carries more than just American-made clothing! • by LDonia • 05/17/2013