March 9, 2012 Headlines: 227K Jobs Added, Saving Auto Jobs, China's Inflation, and More
The economy added 227,000 jobs in February, with a gain of 31,000 in manufacturing. Coverage from the BLS, New York Times, Washington Post, Wall Street Journal, Bloomberg, and Forbes.
CT: Op-ed by AAM’s Scott Paul on saving auto jobs in Illinois.
WSJ: China’s inflation numbers are shifting, and for the first time in a while, it pays to save.
Ezra Klein: Could a rising unemployment rate be a positive sign for the economy?
WSJ: First-time unemployment claims continue to fall.
Related recent Blogs
- CNBC: China investing in U.S. • by scapozzola • 05/22/2013
- In Indiana, ongoing concerns about subsidized auto parts from China and Japan • by scapozzola • 05/22/2013
- RADIO: AAM's Scott Paul on Leslie Marshall Radio Show, May 20, 2013 • by scapozzola • 05/21/2013
- May 21, 2013 Headlines: Tensions with North Korea, a stronger WTO, and more. • by LRaup • 05/21/2013
- Quote of the Day from Caterpillar's Doug Oberhelman • by LDonia • 05/20/2013
- May 20, 2013 Headlines: Manufacturing & social media, growth of the U.S. economy, and more. • by LRaup • 05/20/2013
- President Obama visits Baltimore factory to promote infrastructure investment as a means of revitalizing the middle class • by LDonia • 05/17/2013
- It's Fashion Friday, but NoCargo carries more than just American-made clothing! • by LDonia • 05/17/2013
- May 17, 2013 Headlines: Strengthening our national security, focusing on jobs, and more. • by LRaup • 05/17/2013
- Five reasons you should be concerned about the U.S. military's reliance on foreign manufacturers. • by LDonia • 05/16/2013