March 9, 2012 Headlines: 227K Jobs Added, Saving Auto Jobs, China's Inflation, and More
The economy added 227,000 jobs in February, with a gain of 31,000 in manufacturing. Coverage from the BLS, New York Times, Washington Post, Wall Street Journal, Bloomberg, and Forbes.
CT: Op-ed by AAM’s Scott Paul on saving auto jobs in Illinois.
WSJ: China’s inflation numbers are shifting, and for the first time in a while, it pays to save.
Ezra Klein: Could a rising unemployment rate be a positive sign for the economy?
WSJ: First-time unemployment claims continue to fall.
Related recent Blogs
- Strengthened Workforce Training is Great — and We Can Do More • by elizabethbb • 07/23/2014
- Highlights from AAM's Trip to Detroit for Netroots Nation 2014 • by elizabethbb • 07/23/2014
- Drink Up with a Made in America Tervis Tumbler • by elizabethbb • 07/21/2014
- Back From Detroit, Eyes on Washington • by elizabethbb • 07/21/2014
- So Excellent, So Bodacious: Check Out Some American-made Smartphone Style • by mmcmullan • 07/18/2014
- President Obama proposes public-private infrastructure initiative: Alliance for American Manufacturing (AAM) statement. • by scapozzola • 07/17/2014
- So Much For Promises: China's Manipulating Its Currency, Again • by mmcmullan • 07/17/2014
- Postcard from Iowa: AAM Field Coordinators Hop The Fence, Hang With Democrats • by mmcmullan • 07/16/2014
- Yellen: Infrastructure Funding Would "Counter" Economic Headwinds • by elizabethbb • 07/15/2014
- Let’s Build a Bridge and Fix the Highway Trust Fund • by elizabethbb • 07/15/2014