March 9, 2012 Headlines: 227K Jobs Added, Saving Auto Jobs, China's Inflation, and More
The economy added 227,000 jobs in February, with a gain of 31,000 in manufacturing. Coverage from the BLS, New York Times, Washington Post, Wall Street Journal, Bloomberg, and Forbes.
CT: Op-ed by AAM’s Scott Paul on saving auto jobs in Illinois.
WSJ: China’s inflation numbers are shifting, and for the first time in a while, it pays to save.
Ezra Klein: Could a rising unemployment rate be a positive sign for the economy?
WSJ: First-time unemployment claims continue to fall.
Related recent Blogs
- Clean energy manufacturing gets help from DOE • by TGarland • 12/12/2013
- December 12, 2013: Uh, an economic boom? • by mmcmullan • 12/12/2013
- #ShopAmerica: Health and Beauty gift ideas • by LDonia • 12/11/2013
- Now there's an idea: Using trade policy as leverage with China • by mmcmullan • 12/11/2013
- 5 Keys to American-Made Holiday Shopping • by TGarland • 12/11/2013
- December 11, 2013: US Trade Rep has not discussed this "currency manipulation" everyone keeps talking about • by mmcmullan • 12/11/2013
- The Big Three set the stage for a manufacturing renaissance • by TGarland • 12/10/2013
- December 10, 2013: Welcome back, GM • by mmcmullan • 12/10/2013
- Pharmaceutical companies' interests are covered in the TPP -- as for everyone else? Ehh ... • by mmcmullan • 12/09/2013
- A swing and a miss for Biden in Asia • by TGarland • 12/09/2013