March 9, 2011 Headlines: Locke to China, The Tenuous Recovery, China Trade Surplus, and More
NYT: Why the recovery may not take hold, round two.
WaPo: Harold Meyerson asks, where is the recovery, anyway?
The auto sector: autoworkers putting bonuses into savings (WSJ), Audi may add a U.S. manufacturing plant (DN), and GM adds a shift for its Chevy Volt (DFP).
Gary Locke leaves big shoes to fill at the Commerce Department (Politico). How China views Locke (FT). Trade Ambassador Ron Kirk, who has been mentioned as the next Commerce Secretary, testifies before the Senate Finance Committee today on the Administration’s trade agenda (SFC).
As China may report a smaller trade surplus today, thanks in part to the lunar new year (Bloomberg), Rebecca Wilder says “it’s pretty obvious” how China can tame inflation: raise the value of its currency.
FT: John Plender calls China “a neurotic trillionaire, stuck on a treadmill”.
Related recent Blogs
- CNBC: Is a Chinese construction firm benefiting from its Beijing connection? • by scapozzola • 05/23/2013
- May 23, 2013 Headlines: Gains in the job market, small businesses manufacturing in the U.S.A., and more. • by LRaup • 05/23/2013
- CNBC: China investing in U.S. • by scapozzola • 05/22/2013
- In Indiana, ongoing concerns about subsidized auto parts from China and Japan • by scapozzola • 05/22/2013
- RADIO: AAM's Scott Paul on Leslie Marshall Radio Show, May 20, 2013 • by scapozzola • 05/21/2013
- May 21, 2013 Headlines: Tensions with North Korea, a stronger WTO, and more. • by LRaup • 05/21/2013
- Quote of the Day from Caterpillar's Doug Oberhelman • by LDonia • 05/20/2013
- May 20, 2013 Headlines: Manufacturing & social media, growth of the U.S. economy, and more. • by LRaup • 05/20/2013
- President Obama visits Baltimore factory to promote infrastructure investment as a means of revitalizing the middle class • by LDonia • 05/17/2013
- It's Fashion Friday, but NoCargo carries more than just American-made clothing! • by LDonia • 05/17/2013