March 8, 2011 Headlines: Gary Locke to China, Global Finance, Korea FTA, and More
Commerce Secretary Gary Locke will become our man in China. Coverage here (WaPo), here (Reuters), here (NYT).
WSJ: A proposed Chinese takeover of a Minnesota-based aviation company receives scrutiny.
WSJ: The specter of China owning us is invoked by budget deficit hawks. (Here’s an idea for them: end China’s currency manipulation. It will increase U.S. economic growth and reduce Chinese demand for buying our debt.)
WaPo: The International Monetary Fund is trying to figure out a global financial architecture that works.
WSJ: The White House is pushing forward with the proposed U.S.-Korea Free Trade Agreement.
Related recent Blogs
- May 17, 2013 Headlines: Strengthening our national security, focusing on jobs, and more. • by LRaup • 05/17/2013
- Five reasons you should be concerned about the U.S. military's reliance on foreign manufacturers. • by LDonia • 05/16/2013
- OPINION: Aren't we better off buying safe, Made-in-USA products? • by scapozzola • 05/16/2013
- May 16, 2013 Headlines: factory collapses in Cambodia, U.S. retail industry dismisses plan for safer working conditions, & more • by LDonia • 05/16/2013
- May 15, 2013 Headlines: U.S. manufacturing slows, while manufacturers discuss domestic production, and more... • by LDonia • 05/15/2013
- May 14, 2013 Headlines: Redefining success, building Amtrak, banning Tesla, and more... • by LDonia • 05/14/2013
- May 13, 2013 Headlines: New wave of cyber-attacks, global trade, and more. • by LRaup • 05/13/2013
- May 10 2013 Headlines: Obama's focus on manufacturing, U.S.-South Korea summit, and more. • by LRaup • 05/10/2013
- May 9, 2013 Headline: Obama's focus on job creation, creating manufacturing space, and more. • by LRaup • 05/09/2013
- May 8, 2013 Headlines: U.S.-China cyber-spying, April job openings, and more. • by LRaup • 05/08/2013