March 23, 2012 Headlines: Romney and China Currency, American-Made Busses, Global Slowdown, and More
NYT: Mitt Romney’s stance on China is at odds with the rest of his platform.
WaPo: According to Chinese media, Romney’s words ring hollow.
NYT: The Alameda-Contra Costa Transit District will be buying their new busses from a California company.
WaPo: “Green” jobs in manufacturing and construction count for 2.4% of all jobs in 2010.
WSJ: The case for further stimulus.
NYT: Major economic indicators in China and Europe show signs of a slump.
AP: Fears of a global slowdown send markets down.
TIME: China’s high-tech manufacturing industry is all for export.
The Hill: Weekly unemployment claims continue to fall, now at a 4-year low.
AP: In another sign of China’s increasing standard of living, Cessna has announced plans to build business jets in China. l
Related recent Blogs
- UCLA Flood: A Real Life of Example of What Happens When We Ignore Our Infrastructure • by elizabethbb • 07/30/2014
- Candidate Watch: We Need a Few More Details, Terri Lynn Land • by elizabethbb • 07/29/2014
- Will This Be the Week for the Highway Trust Fund? • by elizabethbb • 07/28/2014
- July 25, 2014: What We're Watching • by mmcmullan • 07/25/2014
- Fact Check: Standing Up Against Unfair Trade, Kentucky Edition • by TGarland • 07/25/2014
- Strengthened Workforce Training is Great — and We Can Do More • by elizabethbb • 07/23/2014
- Highlights from AAM's Trip to Detroit for Netroots Nation 2014 • by elizabethbb • 07/23/2014
- Drink Up with a Made in America Tervis Tumbler • by elizabethbb • 07/21/2014
- Back From Detroit, Eyes on Washington • by elizabethbb • 07/21/2014
- So Excellent, So Bodacious: Check Out Some American-made Smartphone Style • by mmcmullan • 07/18/2014