March 23, 2012 Headlines: Romney and China Currency, American-Made Busses, Global Slowdown, and More
NYT: Mitt Romney’s stance on China is at odds with the rest of his platform.
WaPo: According to Chinese media, Romney’s words ring hollow.
NYT: The Alameda-Contra Costa Transit District will be buying their new busses from a California company.
WaPo: “Green” jobs in manufacturing and construction count for 2.4% of all jobs in 2010.
WSJ: The case for further stimulus.
NYT: Major economic indicators in China and Europe show signs of a slump.
AP: Fears of a global slowdown send markets down.
TIME: China’s high-tech manufacturing industry is all for export.
The Hill: Weekly unemployment claims continue to fall, now at a 4-year low.
AP: In another sign of China’s increasing standard of living, Cessna has announced plans to build business jets in China. l
Related recent Blogs
- Nanette Lepore's New Shoe • by scapozzola • 05/24/2013
- May 24, 2013 Headlines: U.S.-EU trade deal exemptions, investing in U.S. manufacturing, and more. • by LRaup • 05/24/2013
- Reps. Daniel Lipinski (D-IL) and Michael Grimm (R-NY) form new Congressional Public Transportation Caucus. • by scapozzola • 05/23/2013
- CNBC: Is a Chinese construction firm benefiting from its Beijing connection? • by scapozzola • 05/23/2013
- May 23, 2013 Headlines: Gains in the job market, small businesses manufacturing in the U.S.A., and more. • by LRaup • 05/23/2013
- CNBC: China investing in U.S. • by scapozzola • 05/22/2013
- In Indiana, ongoing concerns about subsidized auto parts from China and Japan • by scapozzola • 05/22/2013
- RADIO: AAM's Scott Paul on Leslie Marshall Radio Show, May 20, 2013 • by scapozzola • 05/21/2013
- May 21, 2013 Headlines: Tensions with North Korea, a stronger WTO, and more. • by LRaup • 05/21/2013
- Quote of the Day from Caterpillar's Doug Oberhelman • by LDonia • 05/20/2013