March 23, 2012 Headlines: Romney and China Currency, American-Made Busses, Global Slowdown, and More
NYT: Mitt Romney’s stance on China is at odds with the rest of his platform.
WaPo: According to Chinese media, Romney’s words ring hollow.
NYT: The Alameda-Contra Costa Transit District will be buying their new busses from a California company.
WaPo: “Green” jobs in manufacturing and construction count for 2.4% of all jobs in 2010.
WSJ: The case for further stimulus.
NYT: Major economic indicators in China and Europe show signs of a slump.
AP: Fears of a global slowdown send markets down.
TIME: China’s high-tech manufacturing industry is all for export.
The Hill: Weekly unemployment claims continue to fall, now at a 4-year low.
AP: In another sign of China’s increasing standard of living, Cessna has announced plans to build business jets in China. l
Related recent Blogs
- The Big Three set the stage for a manufacturing renaissance • by TGarland • 12/10/2013
- December 10, 2013: Welcome back, GM • by mmcmullan • 12/10/2013
- Pharmaceutical companies' interests are covered in the TPP -- as for everyone else? Ehh ... • by mmcmullan • 12/09/2013
- A swing and a miss for Biden in Asia • by TGarland • 12/09/2013
- December 9, 2013: China reports biggest trade surplus in five years • by TGarland • 12/09/2013
- Kickstarting a manufacturing renaissance • by TGarland • 12/06/2013
- December 6, 2013: The #AAMeter, it moves (in the right direction)! • by mmcmullan • 12/06/2013
- U.S. Manufacturing Gains 27,000 Jobs in November: Alliance for American Manufacturing (AAM) Statement. • by scapozzola • 12/06/2013
- Indiana manufacturing program expands • by TGarland • 12/05/2013
- Scott Paul: Keep skilled jobs for skilled workers in Washington • by mmcmullan • 12/05/2013