March 23, 2012 Headlines: Romney and China Currency, American-Made Busses, Global Slowdown, and More
NYT: Mitt Romney’s stance on China is at odds with the rest of his platform.
WaPo: According to Chinese media, Romney’s words ring hollow.
NYT: The Alameda-Contra Costa Transit District will be buying their new busses from a California company.
WaPo: “Green” jobs in manufacturing and construction count for 2.4% of all jobs in 2010.
WSJ: The case for further stimulus.
NYT: Major economic indicators in China and Europe show signs of a slump.
AP: Fears of a global slowdown send markets down.
TIME: China’s high-tech manufacturing industry is all for export.
The Hill: Weekly unemployment claims continue to fall, now at a 4-year low.
AP: In another sign of China’s increasing standard of living, Cessna has announced plans to build business jets in China. l
Related recent Blogs
- Some Made in America gift ideas for the obnoxious teenager in your life • by LDonia • 12/04/2013
- A bad time to sideline trade talks • by mmcmullan • 12/04/2013
- Infrastructure investment means job creation • by TGarland • 12/04/2013
- December 4, 2013: Familiar trade deficit doldrums • by mmcmullan • 12/04/2013
- China trade deficit on pace for new record, but will anyone notice? Alliance for American Manufacturing (AAM) Statement. • by scapozzola • 12/04/2013
- What to do with abandoned factories? Bring in the artists! • by LDonia • 12/03/2013
- Surprise, surprise? Americans still say job creation should be top priority • by mmcmullan • 12/03/2013
- December 3, 2013: One number shows a #MFG uptick. Does that mean more #MFG jobs? • by mmcmullan • 12/03/2013
- The Computer Wore Heels: Check out "Top Secret Rosies" • by mmcmullan • 12/02/2013
- December 2, 2013: American-made holiday shopping • by LDonia • 12/02/2013