March 23, 2012 Headlines: Romney and China Currency, American-Made Busses, Global Slowdown, and More
NYT: Mitt Romney’s stance on China is at odds with the rest of his platform.
WaPo: According to Chinese media, Romney’s words ring hollow.
NYT: The Alameda-Contra Costa Transit District will be buying their new busses from a California company.
WaPo: “Green” jobs in manufacturing and construction count for 2.4% of all jobs in 2010.
WSJ: The case for further stimulus.
NYT: Major economic indicators in China and Europe show signs of a slump.
AP: Fears of a global slowdown send markets down.
TIME: China’s high-tech manufacturing industry is all for export.
The Hill: Weekly unemployment claims continue to fall, now at a 4-year low.
AP: In another sign of China’s increasing standard of living, Cessna has announced plans to build business jets in China. l
Related recent Blogs
- RADIO: AAM's Scott Paul on Leslie Marshall Radio Show, May 20, 2013 • by scapozzola • 05/21/2013
- May 21, 2013 Headlines: Tensions with North Korea, a stronger WTO, and more. • by LRaup • 05/21/2013
- Quote of the Day from Caterpillar's Doug Oberhelman • by LDonia • 05/20/2013
- May 20, 2013 Headlines: Manufacturing & social media, growth of the U.S. economy, and more. • by LRaup • 05/20/2013
- President Obama visits Baltimore factory to promote infrastructure investment as a means of revitalizing the middle class • by LDonia • 05/17/2013
- It's Fashion Friday, but NoCargo carries more than just American-made clothing! • by LDonia • 05/17/2013
- May 17, 2013 Headlines: Strengthening our national security, focusing on jobs, and more. • by LRaup • 05/17/2013
- Five reasons you should be concerned about the U.S. military's reliance on foreign manufacturers. • by LDonia • 05/16/2013
- Looking for a manufacturing job? Consider heading to one of these ten metro areas! • by mmcmullan • 05/16/2013
- National Retail Federation dismisses global safety plan for garment factories while Cambodian shoe factory collapses. • by LDonia • 05/16/2013