March 21, 2012 Headlines: Duties on Chinese Solar Products, Ryan Budget Released, China Currency Update, and More
WaPo: The Commerce Department has announced duties on Chinese-made solar cells that benefit from illegal trade practices.
NYT: Further coverage of the moderate response.
The Hill: Budget Committee Chairman Paul Ryan released his budget yesterday.
The Atlantic: Analysis of the Obama and Ryan budget proposals.
WSJ: Bernanke compares China’s currency peg to the gold standard.
Marginal Revolution: Chinese bank lending has shot up since the recession.
AP: Jaguar Land Rover is opening a plant in China to sell luxury vehicles there.
NYT: China begins to loosen controls over foreign currency.
Related recent Blogs
- The Big Three set the stage for a manufacturing renaissance • by TGarland • 12/10/2013
- December 10, 2013: Welcome back, GM • by mmcmullan • 12/10/2013
- Pharmaceutical companies' interests are covered in the TPP -- as for everyone else? Ehh ... • by mmcmullan • 12/09/2013
- A swing and a miss for Biden in Asia • by TGarland • 12/09/2013
- December 9, 2013: China reports biggest trade surplus in five years • by TGarland • 12/09/2013
- Kickstarting a manufacturing renaissance • by TGarland • 12/06/2013
- December 6, 2013: The #AAMeter, it moves (in the right direction)! • by mmcmullan • 12/06/2013
- U.S. Manufacturing Gains 27,000 Jobs in November: Alliance for American Manufacturing (AAM) Statement. • by scapozzola • 12/06/2013
- Indiana manufacturing program expands • by TGarland • 12/05/2013
- Scott Paul: Keep skilled jobs for skilled workers in Washington • by mmcmullan • 12/05/2013