March 21, 2012 Headlines: Duties on Chinese Solar Products, Ryan Budget Released, China Currency Update, and More
WaPo: The Commerce Department has announced duties on Chinese-made solar cells that benefit from illegal trade practices.
NYT: Further coverage of the moderate response.
The Hill: Budget Committee Chairman Paul Ryan released his budget yesterday.
The Atlantic: Analysis of the Obama and Ryan budget proposals.
WSJ: Bernanke compares China’s currency peg to the gold standard.
Marginal Revolution: Chinese bank lending has shot up since the recession.
AP: Jaguar Land Rover is opening a plant in China to sell luxury vehicles there.
NYT: China begins to loosen controls over foreign currency.
Related recent Blogs
- Kickstarting a manufacturing renaissance • by TGarland • 12/06/2013
- December 6, 2013: The #AAMeter, it moves (in the right direction)! • by mmcmullan • 12/06/2013
- U.S. Manufacturing Gains 27,000 Jobs in November: Alliance for American Manufacturing (AAM) Statement. • by scapozzola • 12/06/2013
- Indiana manufacturing program expands • by TGarland • 12/05/2013
- Scott Paul: Keep skilled jobs for skilled workers in Washington • by mmcmullan • 12/05/2013
- December 5, 2013: Another voice for a currency rule in the TPP • by mmcmullan • 12/05/2013
- Some Made in America gift ideas for the obnoxious teenager in your life • by LDonia • 12/04/2013
- A bad time to sideline trade talks • by mmcmullan • 12/04/2013
- Infrastructure investment means job creation • by TGarland • 12/04/2013
- December 4, 2013: Familiar trade deficit doldrums • by mmcmullan • 12/04/2013