March 20, 2012 Headlines: Manufacturing Jobs Worse Than Expected, Chinese Raise Fuel Prices, Illinois Primary, and More
WaPo: A new report says that manufacturing jobs are much worse off than the data would suggest.
WaPo: Comparing productivity and employment in manufacturing.
WSJ: Chinese officials raised domestic fuel prices to keep up with global prices.
Bloomberg: Stocks and commodities dropped in response to the news.
WSJ: Experts are divided on what the future holds for China.
AP: GOP voters in Illinois head to the polls today, and manufacturing voters are up for grabs.
Related recent Blogs
- Will This Be the Week for the Highway Trust Fund? • by elizabethbb • 07/28/2014
- July 25, 2014: What We're Watching • by mmcmullan • 07/25/2014
- Strengthened Workforce Training is Great — and We Can Do More • by elizabethbb • 07/23/2014
- Highlights from AAM's Trip to Detroit for Netroots Nation 2014 • by elizabethbb • 07/23/2014
- Drink Up with a Made in America Tervis Tumbler • by elizabethbb • 07/21/2014
- Back From Detroit, Eyes on Washington • by elizabethbb • 07/21/2014
- So Excellent, So Bodacious: Check Out Some American-made Smartphone Style • by mmcmullan • 07/18/2014
- President Obama proposes public-private infrastructure initiative: Alliance for American Manufacturing (AAM) statement. • by scapozzola • 07/17/2014
- Postcard from Iowa: AAM Field Coordinators Hop The Fence, Hang With Democrats • by mmcmullan • 07/16/2014
- Yellen: Infrastructure Funding Would "Counter" Economic Headwinds • by elizabethbb • 07/15/2014