March 19, 2012 Headlines: Congress Urges Action on Auto Parts, Chinese Weapons Industry Expands, and More
The Hill: 188 lawmakers in Congress sent a letter to the President urging him to crack down on China’s cheating on auto parts.
Bloomberg: China is importing fewer arms, since they’re making more domestically.
Politico: If China is such a land of opportunity, why are so many Chinese citizens lining up to move to the United States?
WSJ: Charles Murray on the growing cultural divide between blue and white collar workers. According to Murray, it’s not just economics.
The Atlantic: Taking apart the claims of Mike Daisey, the reporter who claimed to infiltrate the Foxconn factories in China.
Bloomberg: Manufacturing in the Chicago Fed Region rose in January.
Related recent Blogs
- May 20, 2013 Headlines: Manufacturing & social media, growth of the U.S. economy, and more. • by LRaup • 05/20/2013
- President Obama visits Baltimore factory to promote infrastructure investment as a means of revitalizing the middle class • by LDonia • 05/17/2013
- It's Fashion Friday, but NoCargo carries more than just American-made clothing! • by LDonia • 05/17/2013
- May 17, 2013 Headlines: Strengthening our national security, focusing on jobs, and more. • by LRaup • 05/17/2013
- Five reasons you should be concerned about the U.S. military's reliance on foreign manufacturers. • by LDonia • 05/16/2013
- Looking for a manufacturing job? Consider heading to one of these ten metro areas! • by mmcmullan • 05/16/2013
- National Retail Federation dismisses global safety plan for garment factories while Cambodian shoe factory collapses. • by LDonia • 05/16/2013
- OPINION: Aren't we better off buying safe, Made-in-USA products? • by scapozzola • 05/16/2013
- May 16, 2013 Headlines: factory collapses in Cambodia, U.S. retail industry dismisses plan for safer working conditions, & more • by LDonia • 05/16/2013
- And the crystal ball says that U.S. manufacturing is going up/down/sideways... • by scapozzola • 05/15/2013