The manufacturing sector is growing, but what about hiring?
Writing for Huffington Post, Jessica Miller-Merrell, of Blogging4jobs.com, says manufacturing is one of the most challenging sectors for individuals looking to add jobs at their companies.
Citing the Leading Indicators of National Employment report, just released by the Society for Human Resource Management, Miller-Merrell explains that not only did the report mention the rise in recruiting difficulty, it also made a prediction – that manufacturing hiring will continue to grow in August 2012.
Miller-Merrell attributes the projected growth to increased consumer spending coupled with the interest of companies to keep their manufacturing production in the U.S.
As for the hiring difficulty? Miller-Merrell says:
Hiring difficulty or challenges…are common and happen for a number of reasons…very high employee turnover with job seekers and employees quickly entering and exiting the marketplace… entry-level positions requiring little previous work history, certifications, or education… Add in the increase of demand and forecasted sales and production, and finding qualified, engaged, and excited job seekers to fill these roles is a growing concern for hiring managers.
Read more here.
Photo by flickr user alossix, used following Creative Commons guidelines.
Related recent Blogs
- Reps. Daniel Lipinski (D-IL) and Michael Grimm (R-NY) form new Congressional Public Transportation Caucus. • by scapozzola • 05/23/2013
- Homeland Security and Gov. Tom Ridge • by scapozzola • 05/23/2013
- CNBC: Is a Chinese construction firm benefiting from its Beijing connection? • by scapozzola • 05/23/2013
- May 23, 2013 Headlines: Gains in the job market, small businesses manufacturing in the U.S.A., and more. • by LRaup • 05/23/2013
- VIDEO: Concerns about America's defense industrial base • by scapozzola • 05/22/2013
- CNBC: China investing in U.S. • by scapozzola • 05/22/2013
- In Indiana, ongoing concerns about subsidized auto parts from China and Japan • by scapozzola • 05/22/2013
- RADIO: AAM's Scott Paul on Leslie Marshall Radio Show, May 20, 2013 • by scapozzola • 05/21/2013
- May 21, 2013 Headlines: Tensions with North Korea, a stronger WTO, and more. • by LRaup • 05/21/2013
- Shoring up our security means addressing the China challenge • by mmcmullan • 05/20/2013