The manufacturing sector is growing, but what about hiring?
Writing for Huffington Post, Jessica Miller-Merrell, of Blogging4jobs.com, says manufacturing is one of the most challenging sectors for individuals looking to add jobs at their companies.
Citing the Leading Indicators of National Employment report, just released by the Society for Human Resource Management, Miller-Merrell explains that not only did the report mention the rise in recruiting difficulty, it also made a prediction – that manufacturing hiring will continue to grow in August 2012.
Miller-Merrell attributes the projected growth to increased consumer spending coupled with the interest of companies to keep their manufacturing production in the U.S.
As for the hiring difficulty? Miller-Merrell says:
Hiring difficulty or challenges…are common and happen for a number of reasons…very high employee turnover with job seekers and employees quickly entering and exiting the marketplace… entry-level positions requiring little previous work history, certifications, or education… Add in the increase of demand and forecasted sales and production, and finding qualified, engaged, and excited job seekers to fill these roles is a growing concern for hiring managers.
Read more here.
Photo by flickr user alossix, used following Creative Commons guidelines.
Related recent Blogs
- Clean energy manufacturing gets help from DOE • by TGarland • 12/12/2013
- John Porcari, DOT Buy America champion, is stepping down • by mmcmullan • 12/12/2013
- December 12, 2013: Uh, an economic boom? • by mmcmullan • 12/12/2013
- #ShopAmerica: Health and Beauty gift ideas • by LDonia • 12/11/2013
- Now there's an idea: Using trade policy as leverage with China • by mmcmullan • 12/11/2013
- 5 Keys to American-Made Holiday Shopping • by TGarland • 12/11/2013
- December 11, 2013: US Trade Rep has not discussed this "currency manipulation" everyone keeps talking about • by mmcmullan • 12/11/2013
- The Big Three set the stage for a manufacturing renaissance • by TGarland • 12/10/2013
- December 10, 2013: Welcome back, GM • by mmcmullan • 12/10/2013
- Pharmaceutical companies' interests are covered in the TPP -- as for everyone else? Ehh ... • by mmcmullan • 12/09/2013