Manufacturing Decline Has U.S. Intelligence Community Worried
A Forbes blog outlines the pitiful decline of manufacturing, how a monumental trade deficit and extensive offshoring practices have lead to the decline of American manufacturing and the loss of good-paying middle class jobs.
But there is a new industry joining the ranks of worriers when it comes to manufacturing in the U.S.--the intelligence community.
According to Forbes:
Richard McCormack reported in Manufacturing & Technology News on February 3 that the Director of National Intelligence has initiated preparation of a National Intelligence Estimate to assess the security implications of waning manufacturing activity in America. National Intelligence Estimates are the most authoritative analyses prepared by the intelligence community, definitive interagency products typically reserved for the most serious threats. So the fact that the nation's top intelligence official thinks a National Intelligence Estimate is needed for manufacturing isn't a good sign. It suggests that America's industrial decline is approaching the status of a crisis.
What more will it take for Congress and the Obama administration to crack down on unfair policies that are presenting a, potentially very significant, threat to our national security?
Related recent Blogs
- A Boy Scout badge in advanced manufacturing? • by TGarland • 03/10/2014
- March 10, 2014: Making moves for manufacturing • by mmcmullan • 03/10/2014
- Donald Trump addresses CPAC crowds on key AAM issues • by LRaup • 03/07/2014
- March 7, 2014: Weak #MFG job growth and a big trade deficit earn Obama the saddest of trombones • by mmcmullan • 03/07/2014
- It wasn't all weather: What's behind the weak manufacturing jobs report. • by admin • 03/07/2014
- A Berry good story on American-made footwear • by mmcmullan • 03/06/2014
- White House economic adviser Gene Sperling shares words of wisdom on his way out • by TGarland • 03/05/2014
- EPI: Address currency manipulation and you address the jobs deficit • by mmcmullan • 03/05/2014
- A first look at the president's budget proposal for 2015 • by mmcmullan • 03/04/2014
- The U.S. needs a stronger domestic supply chain in the event of an attack • by TGarland • 03/04/2014