Make sure your Halloween decorations and candy are Made in America
If you celebrate Halloween, you'll likely be devoting some time over the next few days to preparations. After all, it's just over a week away.
Purchasing candy and/or decorations? The Alliance for American Manufacturing (AAM) hopes you'll be keeping it 'Made in the U.S.A.'
Of course, we'd never leave you out there alone sans a little bit of guidance. Our $.02:
If a lighting display is part of your holiday decorating, check out Olympic Holiday Lighting. Based in Port Angeles, Washington, Olympic Lighting creates indoor/outdoor LED light decorations for just about any occasion.
And regarding the sweet stuff: The AFL-CIO put together a great list of American-made candy produced by union members.
Image from Olympic Holiday Lighting website.
Related recent Blogs
- March 7, 2014: Weak #MFG job growth and a big trade deficit earn Obama the saddest of trombones • by mmcmullan • 03/07/2014
- It wasn't all weather: What's behind the weak manufacturing jobs report. • by admin • 03/07/2014
- A Berry good story on American-made footwear • by mmcmullan • 03/06/2014
- White House economic adviser Gene Sperling shares words of wisdom on his way out • by TGarland • 03/05/2014
- EPI: Address currency manipulation and you address the jobs deficit • by mmcmullan • 03/05/2014
- A first look at the president's budget proposal for 2015 • by mmcmullan • 03/04/2014
- Campaigns and political parties take note: We've got the key to attracting voters • by LDonia • 03/03/2014
- And the award goes to ... American workers • by TGarland • 03/03/2014
- March 3, 2014: Cold weather and cold Oscars pizza go together • by mmcmullan • 03/03/2014
- 86th Annual Academy Awards: A glimpse at Los Angeles' manufacturing sector • by TGarland • 03/01/2014