Make This Holiday Season Red, White and Blue
This holiday season, the Alliance for American Manufacturing (AAM) is encouraging consumers to buy American-made goods. There are plenty of domestically manufactured toys, clothes, and sporting goods to satisfy even the most discriminating of shoppers. And American-made goods offer a proven safety record, compared to the frequent incidents of tainted products imported from China.
AAM Executive Director Scott Paul explains, “When you buy an American-made toy, you’re not only helping to employ a U.S. factory worker, but you’re also choosing a safe option. There are many, many instances of toxic and lead-painted goods from China. Our children’s health isn’t worth the risk.”
To help guide consumers to the best possible options, AAM will be highlighting domestically produced gift options on our ManufactureThis.org blog. Each day, a new shopping suggestion will be featured in on our special blog, “Make the Holidays Red, White and Blue.”
AAM is also soliciting ideas from our readers. We want to hear from you about the great products you prefer that are made right here in the U.S. So send us an email with your ideas, or post them on our Facebook wall, or tweet us.
Our first patriotic product is a childhood staple, the Duncan Yo-Yo. Duncan Yo-Yo's range anywhere from $10 for the basic wooden "super tournament" yo-yo to the freehand magnesium yo-yo of which only 200 are made each year.
Related recent Blogs
- May 16, 2013 Headlines: factory collapses in Cambodia, U.S. retail industry dismisses plan for safer working conditions, & more • by LDonia • 05/16/2013
- U.S. Senate Passes Water Resources Development Act (WRDA) with Buy America Amendment Included. • by scapozzola • 05/15/2013
- Oregon construction group pushes for Made in America • by scapozzola • 05/14/2013
- Promise on the horizon for American solar • by mmcmullan • 05/14/2013
- May 14, 2013 Headlines: Redefining success, building Amtrak, banning Tesla, and more... • by LDonia • 05/14/2013
- New American-made locomotives unveiled. • by scapozzola • 05/13/2013
- Members of Congress Press for "Buy America" Steel Preferences in Transportation, Defense, and Homeland Projects. • by scapozzola • 05/02/2013
- When taxpayer dollars are spent overseas... • by scapozzola • 04/30/2013
- WATCH LIVE: House Whip Steny Hoyer unveils 'Make it in America' Agenda • by scapozzola • 04/09/2013
- Maryland Passes Buy American Bill • by scapozzola • 04/09/2013