Made in Your City: American-made flags
On September 14, 1814, Francis Scott Key wrote a poem describing his experience on a boat watching British forces attack the port of Baltimore. The poem, of course, went on to become the national anthem of the United States, the Star Spangled Banner.
The Alliance for American Manufacturing (AAM) often hears from people frustrated by an inability to find “Star Spangled Banners” made in the U.S. So this week’s Made in Your City honors Key and hopefully helps some of our readers find American-made flags.
The Flag Manufacturers Association of America (FMAA) works to make it easy for consumers to know they’re purchasing an American-made flag. The Association certifies flags that are “made in the U.S. of materials that are domestic in origin and that all processes in every step of its manufacture were completed in U.S. facilities with U.S. labor.”
FMAA lists the following companies as the leading manufacturers of USA-made and certified flags:
- Annin Flagmakers -- manufactures in Verona, NJ; South Boston & Cobbs Creek, VA; Coshocton, OH.
- CF Flag -- manufactures in Huntsville, AL.
- J.C. Schultz Enterprises (Flagsource) -- manufactures in Batavia, IL.
- Valley Forge -- manufactures in Flag Moncks Corner, SC
Several of these companies have "where to buy" tabs on their websites, which should make locating their products more easy.
Related recent Blogs
- Direct from Griffin, GA: American-made towels • by LDonia • 11/20/2013
- Kar's Nuts in Madison Heights, Michigan: An AAM field coorindator visits the nut house • by mmcmullan • 11/15/2013
- Carrying lunch the Made in the U.S.A. way • by LDonia • 11/07/2013
- Specter Studios shows us what an American-made Halloween looks like • by LDonia • 10/30/2013
- Make sure your Halloween decorations and candy are Made in America • by LDonia • 10/23/2013
- Celebrate No Beard Day with no beard, the Made in the USA way • by LDonia • 10/16/2013
- Carving pumpkins ... Made in the U.S.A. style • by LDonia • 10/09/2013
- Popped in the USA! • by TGarland • 10/02/2013
- Protect your phones and tablets, Made-in-America style • by LDonia • 10/02/2013
- Keep your fall bike rides Made in the USA • by LDonia • 09/26/2013