Made in USA organization broadens focus to Latino community
Of course this story on Fox News Latino caught our collective eyes...it uses an image of a woman holding an Alliance for American Manufacturing (AAM) sign during one of our rallies back in 2009 (once something makes it to the internet, it's there to stay).
The story highlights the work of Margarita Mendoza, founder of the Made in America Movement non-profit organization. Founded to shine a proverbial light on businesses that maintain manufacturing bases in the United States, the group is broadening its focus.
This year, in particular, the movement is looking to “help and inspire” the Latino community.
Mendoza hopes that with this movement more manufacturing jobs and opportunities will be made available to Latinos and Americans as a whole, while also showcasing Latino businesses that have made domestic production a priority.
Read more here.
Related recent Blogs
- President Obama visits Baltimore factory to promote infrastructure investment as a means of revitalizing the middle class • by LDonia • 05/17/2013
- It's Fashion Friday, but NoCargo carries more than just American-made clothing! • by LDonia • 05/17/2013
- May 17, 2013 Headlines: Strengthening our national security, focusing on jobs, and more. • by LRaup • 05/17/2013
- Five reasons you should be concerned about the U.S. military's reliance on foreign manufacturers. • by LDonia • 05/16/2013
- Looking for a manufacturing job? Consider heading to one of these ten metro areas! • by mmcmullan • 05/16/2013
- National Retail Federation dismisses global safety plan for garment factories while Cambodian shoe factory collapses. • by LDonia • 05/16/2013
- OPINION: Aren't we better off buying safe, Made-in-USA products? • by scapozzola • 05/16/2013
- May 16, 2013 Headlines: factory collapses in Cambodia, U.S. retail industry dismisses plan for safer working conditions, & more • by LDonia • 05/16/2013
- U.S. Senate Passes Water Resources Development Act (WRDA) with Buy America Amendment Included. • by scapozzola • 05/15/2013
- And the crystal ball says that U.S. manufacturing is going up/down/sideways... • by scapozzola • 05/15/2013