A 'Made in America' Super Bowl
As the official automotive sponsor of Super Bowl XLV, GM's Arlington, Texas plant will be providing 450 GMC Yukons and Cadillac Escalades as courtesy vehicles for officials and athletes. In the spirit of all things American, the Arlington Assembly Plant manager Paul Graham released this statement:
The Arlington Community has worked very hard to be a good host to visitors from around the world attending the game. We are delighted to play a small part in that effort through our plant open house next week and by making the high-quality vehicles used as courtesy transportation for the NFL.
In addition to the open house, where tours of the plant are free to anyone who wishes to attend, GM and the United Autoworkers will be jointly sponsoring a Buy America display.
Way to go GM! Stay-tuned for more "Made in America" Super Bowl moments.
Related recent Blogs
- RADIO: AAM's Scott Paul on Leslie Marshall Radio Show, May 20, 2013 • by scapozzola • 05/21/2013
- May 21, 2013 Headlines: Tensions with North Korea, a stronger WTO, and more. • by LRaup • 05/21/2013
- Shoring up our security means addressing the China challenge • by mmcmullan • 05/20/2013
- Quote of the Day from Caterpillar's Doug Oberhelman • by LDonia • 05/20/2013
- May 20, 2013 Headlines: Manufacturing & social media, growth of the U.S. economy, and more. • by LRaup • 05/20/2013
- President Obama visits Baltimore factory to promote infrastructure investment as a means of revitalizing the middle class • by LDonia • 05/17/2013
- It's Fashion Friday, but NoCargo carries more than just American-made clothing! • by LDonia • 05/17/2013
- May 17, 2013 Headlines: Strengthening our national security, focusing on jobs, and more. • by LRaup • 05/17/2013
- Five reasons you should be concerned about the U.S. military's reliance on foreign manufacturers. • by LDonia • 05/16/2013
- Looking for a manufacturing job? Consider heading to one of these ten metro areas! • by mmcmullan • 05/16/2013